Who started the Car scene in clubgp?

cstmg8

I know we've had a few threads over the years discussing it. I just stumbled over an add for the exact model I started out with. Brought back memories of the old pointless forum battles between Intense and ZZP, and going from zero aftermarket for slow cars to L67 swaps and eventually G8's.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-1992-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-2-Dr-SE-Coupe-t16811#listing=255078459

fce9e24d145a1ded12cf3ba714192d92.jpg

I was on clubgp was it not goclubgp?? Anyhow yes it was fun watching the battle back and forth then there was a twin turbo v6 firebird and everyone was like mind blown haha

My 98 gtp was still one of the best daily drivers I have ever had

ClubGP was the main forum, and GOClubGP was the "Greater Ohio" chapter.

One thing that sticks out to me about GOClubGP, I remember one of the members on there (she may have been an admin/moderator) had a pristine Grand Prix she tried selling for some ridiculous price back around 2008 or so. She said the oil was changed every 3,000 miles religiously. Well she wasn't kidding. She said one time she was driving home from a long trip and realized she was right at 3,000 miles since her last oil change. So she pulled over and called AAA and had the car towed home.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. I think you would potentially risk more damage from a tow truck than you would going over your 3k interval. Like the oil will instantly break down at 3,001 miles and kill the motor. :lol:

ClubGP was the main forum, and GOClubGP was the "Greater Ohio" chapter.

One thing that sticks out to me about GOClubGP, I remember one of the members on there (she may have been an admin/moderator) had a pristine Grand Prix she tried selling for some ridiculous price back around 2008 or so. She said the oil was changed every 3,000 miles religiously. Well she wasn't kidding. She said one time she was driving home from a long trip and realized she was right at 3,000 miles since her last oil change. So she pulled over and called AAA and had the car towed home.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. I think you would potentially risk more damage from a tow truck than you would going over your 3k interval. Like the oil will instantly break down at 3,001 miles and kill the motor. [emoji38]

Lol, it was always entertaining.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mike naparano iirc. Just exchanged some messages with him on FB.

Ironically I was also just thinking about the old days as I saw Scott Cook from Intense o. Some of the Caddy forums.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

How did the Intense/ZZP thing get started?

I remember Intense had a horrible reputation on ClubGP. Most of the Intense guys stuck to their own forum, 3800Pro. My red car had an Intense reflashed PCM, and the ClubGP folks told me I was going to chip a piston in no time. Which is funny considering the car was pretty close to stock, and the Aeroforce gauge showed little to no KR whenever I did a WOT run.

clubgp is dead now. grandprixforums.com is where it's all mostly at now. I got banned from 3800tow.com (Intense forum) for something I said against Intense on clubgp.com.

btw, the Greenies LOVE Scott Crook. :gabe:

RIP Big Jeff :(

And if anyone remembers the WesXprs from back then (Wes Blairs) NA GPGT that went low 13's is in my driveway right now :)

I started with a 92 SE coupe like above, then a '91 GTP with the junk 3.4 quadcam, L67 swapped that before L67 swaps were cool, then had a 98 GTP coupe before moving on. Eventually reviving my Pontiac interest with the G8.

I even started a website with a guy in new Jersey named Brian Teele, L67swap.com (later .org). We would make wiring harnesses for swaps and advise on the mechanical/electrical aspects.

Of course at 22 yrs old I lost interest and let it fall to the wayside. The forum had some cool swaps though.

Have regretted it often, believe me.
I've regretted selling it as well. It had some miles on it though.

I've considered a low miles gxp or SS but the prices have held pretty high.

;)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=536&pictureid=9572

I never really liked 2004+ models

that one looks clean and I remember the fs ad on it a while back but in a 99-03 guy lol

But also you pm box is full

Used to have a 99' Gtp coupe I bought from Jack Cook, it aledgedly was the first GP in the 12's. Thing was goofy, had rear shocks to raise the ass end at the track and a huge chiller tank in the trunk. Also had a 98' Gtx white w/blue stripes which was one of my favorite cars.