☆~Donald Trump 2020~☆

AWW$HEEET

Full disclosure: I haven't watched a single bit of the news or video on this (been working), but has their been any actual violence? All I keep seeing are photos posted of a bunch of rednecks walking around with their flags, snapping selfies, and sitting in other people's offices.

Honest question; what was the violence? What are people doing besides trespassing on federal grounds?

Yes, there are many videos showing the mob pushing and hitting police, breaking windows, breaking down doors, and getting maced in return. I think the Capital Police were so out numbered that after the initial break through they fell back to hold secure locations where the congressman/women were sheltering until reinforcements arrived. I think thats why you see a lot of pics/video where it looks like they're just walking around on tour. Those people were behind the front lines.

One of the rioters was pictured in the Capital bringing a bunch of zip tie hand cuffs with him. Wonder what he was planning to do...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what's more tiring and played out, Trump vs. Biden or you two.......

Well, here we go again.

I'll restate:

You two should have a beer and hand out hundos to CR for this thread.

and no i'm not giving you an old fashioned.

https://www.axios.com/trump-barr-capitol-mob-73da61e7-370b-4cc8-873f-fa19a885a2cd.html

Trump incited protesters to riot. You can't sweep that fact under the rug.

Barr is just saying that because he's been brainwashed by the lamestream media taking things out of context. /s

Let's just let Barr's statement speak here:

Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable.

This is the attorney general who resigned because he couldn't in good conscious continue to serve a president who pushed false narratives about election fraud.

Elaine Chao is out, Mick Mulvaney is out, many other senior advisors and aides are out, unable to continue to serve a president who "orchestrated a mob to pressure congress." For the time being, many other cabinet officials are staying, fearing what would happen in their absence.

Republican congressman Adam Kinzinger calls for a 25th amendment removal of the president. "All indications are that the president has become unmoored, not just from his duty or even his oath, but from reality itself."

In less substantiated news, WH aides couldn't understand Trump's refusal to call in the national guard. Pence had to ask the acting SECDEF to invoke the guard himself. Known liar Kayleigh McKeighneighneigh then lyingly lied that it actually WAS Trump who called in the national guard, a statement directly contradicted by the acting SECDEF himself.

Some thoughts --

First, let me correct the record by saying that I have never denied the existence of violence from protestors, mobs, or terrorists associated with the "left wing" of US politics. I have never objected to calling terrorists by that adjective. I have never been blind to the realities of the anti-police sentiment that is a natural consequence of the BLM movement. I have been accused of all of those things in this very thread, without evidence, so I want to set the record straight.

What I want to say is that some of us have been very concerned about Donald Trump's demagoguery, lies, and sowing of mistrust since he came onto the political stage. For that concern we've been called libtards, soyboys, cucks, NPCs. We've been accused of simply having a "bias" against conservatives, of living in an echo chamber, of using knee-jerk "orange man bad" criticisms of the president rather than having legitimate concerns.

For months now, Trump has sowed doubt about the integrity of our elections. He has invented lie after lie after lie about voter fraud which doesn't appear to exist. He has attacked the basic core of our democratic process for his own personal egotistical gain.

Some of you seemed convinced that Trump supporters were incapable of the sort of violence that we saw yesterday. You seemed convinced that the windows boarded up on November 3rd were for leftist violence, because the right doesn't do that sort of thing. As you watched the violence unfold in DC last night, I hope you realized that you were wrong.

And now, with the insurrection in the US Capital yesterday, the inevitable repercussions of Trump's attack on democracy have finally materialized. Any of you who thought this wouldn't happen were wrong. And in a moment that should be a cause for great reflection, what do we get in this thread? "Both sides" tu quoques and baseless accusations that this is really Antifa in disguise. Come on.

It's time for those who espouse "personal responsibility" take some personal responsibility for either voting for, or defending with your words, this president. Trump is a horrible leader who has been horrible for this country. He is the unambiguous cause of this insurrection attempt. He is a liar, he is a criminal. And some of you voted for 4 more years of this.

January 20th can't come soon enough.

This entire point you made is basically the democrat view point and there are people who have a 180 degree view and they are called conservative. What do we do from here because both sides are broken?

This entire point you made is basically the democrat view point and there are people who have a 180 degree view and they are called conservative. What do we do from here because both sides are broken?

That is not the entire point I made, so I'm not sure how to respond to this. It is not my position that "both sides are broken."

What is your official position?

Tractor quoted a 400 word post and mis-stated the position I laid out it in. If you're curious about my "official" position (whatever that means, the position of my office?) then you can re-read the 400 word post. Then again, Tractor managed to misunderstand it so many it just wasn't long enough.

So you think the right is not broken???????? Really ??? Surly you jest !!!!!!

Hyuck hyuck hyuck.

In less substantiated news, WH aides couldn't understand Trump's refusal to call in the national guard. Pence had to ask the acting SECDEF to invoke the guard himself. Known liar Kayleigh McKeighneighneigh then lyingly lied that it actually WAS Trump who called in the national guard, a statement directly contradicted by the acting SECDEF himself.

The national security expert they had on NPR said it wasn't even Pence that called, but Harris and Pelosi's private security called for help stating that the current and incumbent VP's were under siege. Whatever the truth may be, it's clear it wasn't done by Trump.

The guy on NPR went further, stating that every law maker could have been executed yesterday. They could have brought bombs, set fire to the building, shot people, they were able to set up a noose hanging out front. This could have been done by MAGA terrorists, or other 'bad actors' who look for situations they can take advantage of. It is unacceptable when you have every single lawmaker in a single room, including the Vice President, to allow this type of security breach. They were completely outnumbered, unprepared, and it's not like this was a surprise. All the on line discussion over the last few weeks included this threat.

Lindsey Graham is fired up too.

Lindsey Graham is fired up too.

Still watching this, but Graham's ability to flip-flop between respectable statesman and spineless coward is fascinating.

This speech is definitely respectable statesmen, and I agree with everything thus far, including his statements about the lasting effects of handling those who committed political terrorism in Portland and Seattle with kid gloves.

But man, he is not mincing words:

As to these two gentlemen, most Americans will not know the service that Mark Meadows and Pat Cipollone, and those under their charge, provided to this country over the past year. ... So to those who believe you should leave your post now to make a statement, I would urge you not. ... I have talked to Joe [Manchin] this morning. He has called for those around the president to stay in place to ensure that we can have a peaceful, efficient transfer of power.

Bolding mine. Strong words attacking the president. And yet, the Trump administration has been so bad for the last year, that America will never know the true service these folks acting behind the scenes have done. And yet, when Lindsay Graham had the opportunity to do something about it, he turned into spineless coward Lindsay Graham.

Anyway, gonna go back to listening. I'm disappointed that he's not on board with a 25th amendment solution. I hope he votes for removal if this 2nd impeachment gets off the ground.

eta: And right back to spineless coward in the Q&A.

Edited by greg

Two wings, one bird, and this this thread is just a shot glass sample full of the shit show bottle of bourbon that politicians and media have long been pouring us all in this country. Just a small sample but it's telling. Had several replies typed out but it's not going to "change" anyone's opinions and neither is anything else in this entire thread. Too much ego and self indulgence from both sides to have a productive conversation. This is like reading an argument amongst middle or high schoolers.

Y'all keep fighting here. I'll keep posting fart noises. They're literally accomplishing the same thing.

...although posting fart noises prob isn't creating as much division as y'all or the media are.

Shame on us all, the citizens, for not only allowing division but actively assisting in and promoting it. Both here and elsewhere.

Now I'm only here for Gill's old fashioned.

*fart noises*

Still watching this, but Graham's ability to flip-flop between respectable statesman and spineless coward is fascinating.

Agreed, and I listen to him expecting to feel slimey afterwards, but I thought he started off well, didn't mince words, and his harsh criticism of Trump was a surprise.

Two wings, one bird, and this this thread is just a shot glass sample full of the shit show bottle of bourbon that politicians and media have long been pouring us all in this country. Just a small sample but it's telling. Had several replies typed out but it's not going to "change" anyone's opinions and neither is anything else in this entire thread. Too much ego and self indulgence from both sides to have a productive conversation. This is like reading an argument amongst middle or high schoolers.

Y'all keep fighting here. I'll keep posting fart noises. They're literally accomplishing the same thing.

...although posting fart noises prob isn't creating as much division as y'all or the media are.

Shame on us all, the citizens, for not only allowing division but actively assisting in and promoting it. Both here and elsewhere.

Now I'm only here for Gill's old fashioned.

*fart noises*

:masturboy::masturboy::masturboy:

Don’t berate middle or high schoolers, I believe they are smarter and more productive than this thread or politicians.

At least your farts are more entertaining than the arguments here. :gabe:

Of course not, I'm doing this out of some sick compulsion. I just don't understand the kind of people who pop in to political squabble threads to loudly declare that they're too mature for political squabbles. Like, congrats, your a better person than me, but if you don't enjoy this then maybe go away?