2004 jeep g.c v8 oil pan replacement

krodaruoy

getting a few drips after parking my car. family mech doesnt think its the rear seal (woo) but im tired of dripping when i park and having cardboard under my car.

watched a few videos... appears ill have to move my exhaust pipes around. those havent been touched since install im assuming. any recommendations on trying to get it apart without breaking bolts. id like it to go back together without welding.

has anyone done work like thios before on a jeep? anything i should be worried about or what i could encounter?

how is it trying to maneuver the oil pickup tube? should i replace the filter or just clean it

im buying a gasket and tray. ill clean up the old pan seems to be fine. i also picked up a mopar plug and gasket just to be safe

2004 jeep grand cherokee limited v8 4.7

131,000 miles

have done plenty of maint work over the years

has had head gasket replaced on front right side only

replaced radiator a few months ago...did that all myself :D

this is william

he's retarded, like me

everyone say hi william and tell him what to do since im going to end up helping him do it

still not funny i see... nothing changed

oh yeah thanks for ALL that help with my radiator...

Looks pretty straight forward to me. might have to replace Y pipe bolts if you break them. They were probably taken off when the head gasket was done, or maybe not, hard to say.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1054&pictureid=9619

@zeit, not from what ive seen. but thank you for the link. i may need something like that in the future. i love my jeep and will work on it until rust kills it.

@gerg thanks for the picture and instructions! i didnt think about the filter gasket. should probably do it while im in there. just checking im sure this is it.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2004,grand+cherokee,4.7l+v8,1420771,engine,oil+pump+seal,5608

im assuming this will go on the top connecting end? cant find any great pictures but seems self explanatory

also ive seen plenty of videos that show it coming off w/o taking the starter off...although it seems easy to do i dont think i will mess with it. "not broken dont touch it"