☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the spin being put on this shitshow very interesting and it shows just how divided this country really is.

Yeah that's been my opinion on everything for a long time now. I probably side more with republicans but I don't agree with either side half the time on anything because of the obvious "taking sides" that goes on. I just wish we could all do things for the right reasons but both sides have gotten to the point of fanatical oppression of the others views on every issue.

Yeah that's been my opinion on everything for a long time now. I probably side more with republicans but I don't agree with either side half the time on anything because of the obvious "taking sides" that goes on. I just wish we could all do things for the right reasons but both sides have gotten to the point of fanatical oppression of the others views on every issue.

+1.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/17/taliban-kill-woman-not-wearing-burqa-after-vowing-to-honor-womens-rights/

It's difficult for me to reconcile many liberal views ascribe to when we give so much of our business interests away to China....and then complain about human rights when scenes like this play out everywhere else in the world. We CERTAINLY have our own ongoing social issues in the USA, but this is ridiculous.

Through COVID, I've adopted a new BAU model: "Control What You Can Control". This shit is out of hand.

Exactly, I can't align myself 100% with either "side" or any elected official. They all try to play to a specific party to stay in power, not do the right thing for the greater good.

I can only control certain things and what the ruling class of this country wants to do or have done isn't one of them.

Dammit Mace, I wasn't gonna post anything and then you go and say this....

You know posting something this monumentaly incorrect is going to bring me out of the woodwork.

I should have said this version of the taliban. Taliban lite were around when the russians invaded. But with the fall of iraq and no plan of what to do with the sunni army this version was created. HMMMMMMM..sounds like lesson not learned.

I should have said this version of the taliban. Taliban lite were around when the russians invaded. But with the fall of iraq and no plan of what to do with the sunni army this version was created. HMMMMMMM..sounds like lesson not learned.

Mace, this isn't a closed book test, you're allowed to pull up Wikipedia before posting things :-P

(The Taliban were not around when the Russians invaded. In fact, they didn't emerge until after the fall of the Afghan communist government in the mid-90s, eventually taking control of the country. The US deposed the Taliban in 2001 when we invaded and fought them for 19 years until Trump negotiated a peace deal with them. It's... kinda been in the news for the last 2 decades or so...)

Yes, shifting focus from a noble but ultimately doomed war in Afghanistan to an ill-conceived and immoral war in Iraq after less than 2 years of fighting was stupid, which is the point I think you're trying to make? But the Taliban is Pashtun and has nothing to do with any Sunni army, so I'm really not sure why you bring that up. Are you getting the Taliban and ISIS confused? ISIS is mostly Sunni. It's also nowhere near Afghanistan.

I'm sure you're a perfectly pleasant person to have a beer with, but can you see why this makes me want to pull my hair out?

Exactly, I can't align myself 100% with either "side" or any elected official. They all try to play to a specific party to stay in power, not do the right thing for the greater good.

I can only control certain things and what the ruling class of this country wants to do or have done isn't one of them.

Bingo.

Mace, this isn't a closed book test, you're allowed to pull up Wikipedia before posting things :-P

(The Taliban were not around when the Russians invaded. In fact, they didn't emerge until after the fall of the Afghan communist government in the mid-90s, eventually taking control of the country. The US deposed the Taliban in 2001 when we invaded and fought them for 19 years until Trump negotiated a peace deal with them. It's... kinda been in the news for the last 2 decades or so...)

Yes, shifting focus from a noble but ultimately doomed war in Afghanistan to an ill-conceived and immoral war in Iraq after less than 2 years of fighting was stupid, which is the point I think you're trying to make? But the Taliban is Pashtun and has nothing to do with any Sunni army, so I'm really not sure why you bring that up. Are you getting the Taliban and ISIS confused? ISIS is mostly Sunni. It's also nowhere near Afghanistan.

I'm sure you're a perfectly pleasant person to have a beer with, but can you see why this makes me want to pull my hair out?

Yes i did..thank you greg..Oh by the way they are both sunni..I did look that up

Edited by Mace

No, but this would have happened in May instead of August.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This may have happened anyway, but the response to this mess is pathetic. Kinda shows what you get when you have a weak, confused old man as a president. He just armed one of our most hated enemies with more military gear than 85% of established countries…for free…

Trump would be sending tweets and dropping bombs. All I’ve seen Biden do is run away from pressers and read what could have been a powerful message from a teleprompter. Really man? You can’t say that you would defend the US and hunt down the people responsible without reading it from a tele like an 3rd grader?

I wanted to watch that speech and be pumped for Biden. I hoped this was the moment that would define his presidency in a good way. I want him to do well because that’s good for America. It’s just so disappointing. He had the moment and it passed him by.

I'm rooting for Biden, but he's got a bunch of headwinds to deal with. 41% popularity and dropping fast:

- Inflation, increased taxes through budget/law passage.

- Continued COVID fallout.

- Afghanistan d i s a s t e r.

- Hurricane taking direct aim for Louisiana, squarely where COVID problems are currently the worst in the country.

- Employment/Eviction/Economic issues.

He has hardly any friends in D.C. anymore. I do feel he's pushing a needed agenda, but everyone is getting pissed off. Fiscal conservatives, hairy liberals, young, old, pro-military, defund-the-police, blacks, whites....I cannot think of any groups that can be happy with what he's doing as a whole. Bleeding-heart humanitarians can't back his laissez-faire attitude about bearing responsibility for the withdrawal.

Trump wouldn't have done any better - Pompeo made a deal with the Taliban to leave in May 2021 - but it's tough seeing how things can keep getting worse, even with STONKS at an all-time-high. Afghanistan/COVID alone cannot be solved overnight.

EDIT: "Warheads on Foreheads".....imma use that in conversations now. :lol:

Edited by zeitgeist57

This may have happened anyway, but the response to this mess is pathetic. Kinda shows what you get when you have a weak, confused old man as a president. He just armed one of our most hated enemies with more military gear than 85% of established countries…for free…

Trump would be sending tweets and dropping bombs. All I’ve seen Biden do is run away from pressers and read what could have been a powerful message from a teleprompter. Really man? You can’t say that you would defend the US and hunt down the people responsible without reading it from a tele like an 3rd grader?

I wanted to watch that speech and be pumped for Biden. I hoped this was the moment that would define his presidency in a good way. I want him to do well because that’s good for America. It’s just so disappointing. He had the moment and it passed him by.

And now we'll be taking questions from a small hand selected group of people who were instructed what to ask