CC&C on Sabbatical :(

zeitgeist57

CR Peeps -

I appreciate all of the OG CR members that helped grow CC&C from a small group of 5-10 guys outside of Cup O'Joe to the gathering it is today. After 13 years (especially one really, REALLY trippy 2020 :)) we're taking a break in no small part to the bad behavior of a few people.

Out of respect to Phoenix Theater and the property management group, the burnouts and pic/video fanbois are too much, affecting vehicle traffic. I respect Phoenix Theaters' stance as they are trying to get up and running after COVID, and with a full lot affecting potential moviegoers, it's something they shouldn't have to deal with.....and those of us CC&C regulars trying to keep it clean aren't enough for what's been going on the last few weeks.

Rest assured, I'll want to still lead something in the Fall but that should give us enough time for the heat to subside this season, and possibly secure another location if needed. I do love Lennox for a lot of reasons but we've overstayed our welcome for now. :)

Much love to all you guys that stuck with us and as I've been saying...STAY TUNED as we figure out our next move.

<3

The handful of times I have gone it was a great atmosphere and it seemed there wasn't so much showing off as you see at the meets. I was there yesterday and that was the most cars I have ever seen there at once. Of all the cars showing off when leaving there was one guy flagging them down asking them to knock it off, it didn't seem to help. Thanks for organizing all of this over the years, hopefully we can gather in a respectful manner again soon.

Thanks for all your hard work, Clay. This event had a much longer run than is typical for central Ohio events of its type, no doubt due to the hard work and leadership that you and a few others provided. Edited by Doc

Clay,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and really appreciate your time on developing the event to what it was. It is one of my favorite events and acknowledge it has become a large event and that can bring in some issues. We as a group will are here to help, please let us know if you need my help.

Thanks,

Rick

clay thanks for putting this together, i enjoyed every trip. sadly when i saw the crowds rapidly growing last year during the "shutdown", it was only a matter of time and add in the fan boi crowd now. hopefully something falls in place again.

i mean the theaters could have opened up the food area and made some bank. oh well.

Clay,

Thank you for helping put on what was one of my favorite gathering of fun cars and good people. I know you do things well and it showed. Thanks again for the time you put into it.

greatly appreciated and if/when you start another gathering i am excited to attend and enjoy.

thanks again!

It was a good run, but I guess covid gave the "614 car scene" and "columbus underground" a chance of being unemployed and in able to stay up drinking all night Friday to be up early enough Saturday to cause shenanigans.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sad to hear this all went down yesterday. Since I usually detail on Saturdays I've not been able to get out nearly as often but they were good times from the very early onset of the get togethers.

Here are a few early day shots from the first couple events.

CC&C Meet #1

Meet #2

Meet #3

Meet #4

Sad to hear this all went down yesterday. Since I usually detail on Saturdays I've not been able to get out nearly as often but they were good times from the very early onset of the get togethers.

Here are a few early day shots from the first couple events.

CC&C Meet #1

Meet #2

Meet #3

Meet #4

"Password Protected Gallery"

Clay, you have my undying respect for what you have created.

Cars and Coffee was my entrance into the crazy car world. It taught me so many great things and important lessons. The people here and the community you have helped create is truly something special. For everything, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

When the day comes to return, I will be there!

Noooooo!!!!! [emoji17] I haven't had a chance to join you guys because I've been spending my weekends in the garage trying to get my car running. Super sad to hear this. Unfortunately there will always be idiots ruining good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work, Clay. This is disappointing to hear about. I was always hopeful it was early and on a Sunday, and that would be enough to keep the problem people from making it. Thanks for all your effort for car peeps to gather.

This is sad to see after all the hard work that went into it. I didn't make it last year with Covid and my age so I was looking forward to this year. Great work by Clay. Many many thanks to you sir for all you efforts.

what are they doing to do, have CPD roll through every 15 minutes on saturdays and tell anyone standing around to get lost?

good luck, CPD won't send a policeman out for anything short of "shots fired" LOL

thanks for all the hard work Clay

I remember when columbus had a motor speedway and autox in parking lots. RIP

How will they enforce keeping people from showing up anyway? Block the lot?

If I had to guess, probably how they did it for OSU game days pre-pandemic: have a sign posted that says no parking, a security guard in a corner of the lot, and then tow the vehicles once someone leaves their car. They only have to do it a couple of times before people will get the hint.