Smoke in the sky

zeitgeist57

The last few nights, I've been working outside and noticed the deep orange sun, and dull moon. This despite not having a cloud in the sky and it being middle of July.

https://www.nbc4i.com/weather/smoke-continues-to-add-color-to-skies-over-central-ohio-this-week/

Sharing what I just googled and it is a trip to think that fires from hundreds if not thousands of miles away can dramatically affect our atmosphere.

During our big 'out west' trip back in... I think in 2015 which was one of the worst years on record for forest fires out west. We weren't near any of them, but it was hazy almost everywhere we went.

Friends that live in Seoul have to regularly deal with very bad (PM) air quality due to pollution and prevailing winds from China. There's times where the basically just don't go outside. While in Japan we went to Kyushu, which is the larger island just south/west of the 'mainland'. While there we down to a town called Kumamoto and it was very hazy there, again from winds/pollution from China. I guess there's also a time of year where the weather can pickup sands from the deserts in/around China and bring it all of the way across the Korean peninsula and sometimes into Japan. The closest part of the Gobi desert to Japan for example is around 1,000 miles.

The last few nights, I've been working outside and noticed the deep orange sun, and dull moon. This despite not having a cloud in the sky and it being middle of July.

https://www.nbc4i.com/weather/smoke-continues-to-add-color-to-skies-over-central-ohio-this-week/

Sharing what I just googled and it is a trip to think that fires from hundreds if not thousands of miles away can dramatically affect our atmosphere.

We saw this last night. Pretty crazy that this is happening, but it was very pretty. My daughter loved it.