Accident, what can I do?

Forrest Gump 9

Not really my car, but a client just got hit by a “door dash” person.

Brand new 911 with 200 miles, doordasher said has no insurance, no driver license. Sick to my stomach when I heard the news. Called the police but because “non emergency” so you’re on your own. Fucked!

Did he get a plate? or was it a hit and run?

In the past, whenever I was in an accident, I tried to get the car VIN if I could. Why? Plates can be stolen, but a VIN usually ties the car back to an owner and puts them on the hook for being responsible.

This is why we have insurance. His insurance should be able to run with this. They can start the claim under his un-insured motorist coverage to get things fixed and then go after the driver and or DoorDash so that it doesn't have to be a burden for him.

Did he get a plate? or was it a hit and run?

In the past, whenever I was in an accident, I tried to get the car VIN if I could. Why? Plates can be stolen, but a VIN usually ties the car back to an owner and puts them on the hook for being responsible.

Got the plate but no on the vin. I’ll keep that in mind.

This is why we have insurance. His insurance should be able to run with this. They can start the claim under his un-insured motorist coverage to get things fixed and then go after the driver and or DoorDash so that it doesn't have to be a burden for him.

Yep, did that. But can you understand the anger? It’s not my car and I’m pissed lol

https://help.doordash.com/dashers/s/article/Does-DoorDash-have-auto-insurance?language=en_US

If they were on an "active" delivery it sounds like you could take it up with DoorDash.

Maybe... last line of that policy was as expected. "If you fail to maintain your own insurance, DoorDash's coverage may not apply."

As other's have said, Uninsured/Underinsured coverage should be the go to with this. IF they are able to recover anything from the at fault party, they will reimburse for the deductible. Just used this for my last SHO with the underinsured portion. Accident was 9/7/21 and I just got my deductible back last week.