Christian Sportbike Association Ride #3 - June 13th

600ZZ4eb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so i got an email from the guy leading the ride (his name is John Mathis). He may have the slow group and fast group take two different routes to meet at the lunch spot about the same time. I sent him an email this morning asking for the approximate time we'd be meeting for lunch and where. Hopefully it is a spot close to you guys out of Columbus and we can meet there. I hope to have the info posted on here later today or tonight. Hopefully this will work out for everyone.

Thanks guys!

ok, so i got an email from the guy leading the ride (his name is John Mathis). He may have the slow group and fast group take two different routes to meet at the lunch spot about the same time. I sent him an email this morning asking for the approximate time we'd be meeting for lunch and where. Hopefully it is a spot close to you guys out of Columbus and we can meet there. I hope to have the info posted on here later today or tonight. Hopefully this will work out for everyone.

Thanks guys!

sent you a pm

****Here is the fast route***

From Columbus "33 to 78 and 78 all the way across. Beallsville (Beallsville Diner) will be the lunch stop and then we will head south to the great roads"

I was all excited to finally go on a southeastern ride without taking 33 :p

This is actually a pretty good idea I think...78 is a lot of fun but not overly challenging; it could be a decent chance for anyone who isn't sure which group they want to ride in to get a feel for the pace of the fast group before we get to the more challenging roads.

are we still meeting at the calvery chapel regardless of groups?

anyone riding from westerville? pm me and we can ride down there at the same time. either way, i'll be on a yellow 600rr with white/grey leathers and white helmet.

see ya sat! pray for good weather.

I guess the Zanesville group will still meet at the Wendy's on Underwood. Then we can take 13 south to 78 or figure out a different route - Maybe 555 South to 78 or 60 South to 78 - whatever the consensus ends up being.

I guess the Zanesville group will still meet at the Wendy's on Underwood. Then we can take 13 south to 78 or figure out a different route - Maybe 555 South to 78 or 60 South to 78 - whatever the consensus ends up being.

i'd guess the group meeting at zanesville will want to meet the rest of us from cbus at beallsville diner. the guy leading the ride can chime in here though.

looks like 40 % rain in afternoon.

true but it looks like it will hold off until 4pm in wheeling since we will be out around that way.

BTW 40 percent is not that bad.

last month it was 60 percent for the whole day

are we still meeting at the calvery chapel regardless of groups?

anyone riding from westerville? pm me and we can ride down there at the same time. either way, i'll be on a yellow 600rr with white/grey leathers and white helmet.

see ya sat! pray for good weather.

Yep, we all meet to start at the church....we leave at 9:30 am!

Sorry man, not my route so i couldnt make to many changes. :-( Manybe we'll cross ya'll somewhere out there.......

sorry guys but me and mark are out.dont want take chance to get wet.look like rain start at 1 pm.even if start by 4 we still be on the road for while.you know how i ride and in rain its not that fun in corners.see you next month,be safe

there's barely any chance of rain on our route (10 - 20% according to accuweather and weather underground and that's only during the early afternoon). at worst, we'll get wet when we ride back into cbus.

that's just sad

see everyone tomorrow morning who didn't pansy out

A few shots from today all taken on 536, I got about 250 pics just need to do some editing.

Group at the top of the hill.

DSC00278.jpg

Chris (quikzx9r) dragging knee.

DSC00260.jpg

Mr Ducati (sorry I'm horrible with names)

DSC00156.jpg

Jim on his R6

DSC00130.jpg

We never met up with the main group from C-bus but I think we passed them on RT7 going the other way. I had a great time and had a total of 295 miles.

In the second group, by 536, 2 of us decided we'd take a right, instead of left since there wasn't anyone in front of us stopped showing us the right way, and we ended up back at RT.7 (I think, our fearless ride leader of group 2, decided he would try and ditch Jessie and I.) A long time later, phones reconnected us, and we were 10min down the road from them. Still don't know where they went, or how they ended up there. Never did see the first group again, it's a good thing we weren't hurt. Didn't even hear from them till we were riding fearlessly in WV. On the return trip, Ebon was on his knees begging us to head home via SR800. From Fly, Ohio. (what a name) Couple more roads where there was a deer hanging out in the ditch watching us motor on by. Then we ended up cheating and took I-70 80miles back to Columbus. 423miles on my odometer today.

I'm sure he will write a more detailed version later.

Missed you Rusty..no rain either!

Edited by danballa