Christian Sportbike Association Ride #3 - June 13th

600ZZ4eb

We are out a little ways, but i got the route for the next ride. We had 14 bikes for th esecond ride and that's up from the first which is good. A couple more folks from here showed up - Rusty, Dan, Marek, Doug....i may be missing some other, but all are welcome. We also had a HD guy, and a BMW guy. All Makes, models, and types are welcome - Whether you believe in God or Not. We have a good time together as riders as the very least and the routes have been great. :-)

I'll have more than just a pic of the route soon.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your bike gonna be ready?

I'm hoping it will be ridable by next weekend. I really just needs the bracket for the left foot peg replaced. If i can get that, i'm good. I have a wind shield from a buddy in Cinci coming soon and alright have the flush mounts at the house. I also need to JBweld the fairing above my mirror together - if that works i should be good....oh i have to try to get my frame slider bolt out - it snapped off, but i could ride without it worse come to worse.

The good and the bad of it is my mom is graduating from college on the same day in Dayton so i wont be able to make this ride. Super happy for her, selfishly sad for me....Family first though. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go through my ins to fix so the bike is still down at this point. I wasnt going to be able to make it for this one anyway because my mom is graduating from college on that day.....HOWEVER, whoever goes i want to see pics and i will be riding this route before riding season is over so a nice write up when its over would be nice as well.....please. :-)

whoever goes i want to see pics and i will be riding this route before riding season is over so a nice write up when its over would be nice as well.....please. :-)

No promises, but if I can make it to this ride I'll have my camera with me and be taking a bunch of pics whenever possible and probably some 720p helmet cam video if my battery/memory card holds out long enough.

Any info on start time/meeting place etc? I really wanna make this ride; it's at the end of finals week and I'll need to unwind :D

i am in, how hard are you all planning on riding? full leathers or mesh jacket & jeans?

I wouldnt suggest any less than a leather jacket, gloves and ovber the ankle boots (helmet should go without saying)

Really if you ride at your own pace its all up to you, thats just what I felt most comfortable in.

I think we are doing two groups - advanced and not so advanced. Hopefully we do this so everyone stays together, last ride there was some separation....Anyway, i agree with J and say leather jacket and gloves and boots. Leather pants are up to you, i'll probably have mine one, but again its up to you.

Please invite anyone you like as well, they dont have to ride a sportsbike either. :-)

i'll probably show up in my 1piece leathers cause i'm a big pansy.

i may bring a friend with me and ride in the back of the pack with him and split off every once in a while if i get antsy. this is all dependent on weather, of course (I'd have to ride down from cleveland to attend OSU commencement for some friends).

i'll bring the 600rr since i'll probably keep it down in cbus this summer.

:woo: Looks like I can make this one for sure :D Out of curiosity, how many miles is the ride? I'm not afraid of 500+ mile days, but I like to plan ahead and pack a large enough supply of water and snacks (power bars etc) to last the whole day; I learned the hard way that an empty stomach and too little water can bring on fatigue very easily, and fatigue and riding are a recipe for disaster :( Can't wait to ride with you guys! Considering that this is finals week for me...I'm going to need a good ride come Saturday. See you all at 9...look for the filthy, busted up 650 :p

Also, I personally plan on wearing full leathers...any time you're out in the twisties all it'll take is bit of gravel or a suicidal gopher to send you off the road and into a tree or something, regardless of the pace :(

Edited by Harb67

Sweet!!! Hope you all can make and the weather stays nice. I think its about 300 mile give or take a couple miles. I know we'll stop for lunch someplace and gas as well. I'll have the katana because my zzr is still in the shop from our last ride. :-(

So how many people total are going to be on this ride? How many do you expect in the front group? I am doing this route on the 20th and would like to go one more time to get it completely memorized.

I don't have a head count at this time, but the front group will be whomever wants to be in it so not sure about the numbers. I'm thinking there will be at least 10 people, some have pulled out because of the 300 mile range we are looking at round trip. I think anyone would have fun on the trip....rusty 996's pretty fast and he hasnt complained yet....to me at least :-) Come on out if you got nothing to do and bring anyone else if you like. I'll be there on a greyish katana and red jordan jacket so come over and introduce yourself.

I don't have a head count at this time, but the front group will be whomever wants to be in it so not sure about the numbers. I'm thinking there will be at least 10 people, some have pulled out because of the 300 mile range we are looking at round trip. I think anyone would have fun on the trip....rusty 996's pretty fast and he hasnt complained yet....to me at least :-) Come on out if you got nothing to do and bring anyone else if you like. I'll be there on a greyish katana and red jordan jacket so come over and introduce yourself.

300 MILES??? Yikes. I've only ever done 200 at a time and was completely exhausted afterwards.