Looking for a NE Ohio route to 555, next weekend

InyaAzz

One or two of my brothers from MI (BMW K12 and Gixxer 750) might be coming down next weekend, and we want to ride 555 for the first time. We're thinking of catching a hotel room down there..somewhere..and heading back up the next day.

Can anyone suggest a route to get down there? I'm not sure if we want to take the fastest way down to 555, and then carve it up, or take a scenic route. All suggestions are appreciated. Hotel suggestions as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit... I didn't think about this. You could ride 60 the whole way down. No sense in going all that way east if you don't need to.
It's really simple from where you're at. 301 south' date=' it takes you to 60, take 60 to 555. If you don't mind I might be able to tag along. I won't be getting a room though, down and back for me.[/quote']

I was looking for any alternatives to 60 S, since I've been down that route a few times. I didn't mind going a little out of our way east, if it was worth it. But now that I think about it, the quickest most direct route is probably the best so we can maximize the 555 time.

Tod, you are always welcome. The hotel idea was thrown out there by Randy (K12). Depending on the length of the ride, I'd be down to come back up the same day. Rides don't seem as long when you have someone to go with. I'm trying to finalize details before this Saturday/Sunday.

From Lorain to the river and back is seven hours of riding plus lunch and gas. I have done it in a day more than once. From Zanesville to the river taking 555 it's about 55 minutes to an hour. You might consider 83 down to 60 since I understand your aversion to 60. If you do this ride on Saturday the jinx can't ride along because he will be working. (Might be a safer trip)

Shiiiiiiit, if Tod is going down and back, I might tag along and ride down and back with him. I'm a daytripper - I like sleeping in my own bed at night.

I'm the same way...I prefer to come back the same day. I was throwing out the whole hotel thing because the two riders are coming down from MI...possibly the same day. Details are still fluid. I think I can get them to come down Friday, since GM isn't keeping them as occupied as they used to be.

Ok, The Michiganders want to hang out in Columbus Friday night. Shitty?!?

So, the plan may be to ride down to Cbus Friday night, and meet up with anyone who is coming down on Saturday. Maybe we meet up in Zanesville ? And then we would all ride back up north together.

LOL at the 'jinx'. I laugh every time I read that.

I think Randy is set on going down to Columbus on Friday night. I guess it depends on the weather too...like Tod said.

So ..what if you and Justin meet us in Zanesville....or somewhere else (I haven't looked at a map yet) and then we carve it up and head home. If it happens to rain on Friday then we'll both leave from Lorain/Elyria on Sat.

I'm not a fan of riding in heavy rain. The visor fogs up and it adds another factor to an already dangerous activity. No rain gear on my part also sucks. I try to avoid it if possible. If I get caught in it..so be it. But if there's a good chance it's gonna rain, I'm not gonna be stupid and go out looking for it.

Besides..washing your bike after getting caught in the rain is a PITA.

When you said next weekend, you mean the 16th or the 23rd? Either way, I'm an idiot.

I'll be at Norwalk on the 16th, and the 23rd is the DTC ride (unless we can't get our planning shit together by then - then I might have the 23rd open).

I can't go :(. Struck down by my own lack of using Outlook.

Edited by JRMMiii

Ok..so it looks like we're going to be in CBus friday night. So, Tod if you don't want to ride down by yourself, I totally understand. Justin??

Tod, if you don't make it..how far down 555 do you usually go? And which way do you recommend coming back?

I'm still torn between this and the DTC thing. I want to hit some twisties but not spend all my time putting around looking at the surroundings all day.

Meh...I'll try to decide tomorrow after I get my rear tire changed but leaning toward the nickle run.

I'm still torn between this and the DTC thing. I want to hit some twisties but not spend all my time putting around looking at the surroundings all day.

Meh...I'll try to decide tomorrow after I get my rear tire changed.

Well you are not invited! Did I make your decision any easier???? :)

If you want I can fax you a permission slip for your wife to sign so you can go

If I'm not invited I don't need your stinkin' permission slip numbnuts.

Maybe I should fax YOU a permission slip for your wife to sign so you can rider her bike for now.

Don't you have an R1 to go rebuild?!?!?

If I'm not invited I don't need your stinkin' permission slip numbnuts.

Maybe I should fax YOU a permission slip for your wife to sign so you can rider her bike for now.

Don't you have an R1 to go rebuild?!?!?

Thank god for having too much shit.. I have my 750 to hold me over. You are invited to come if you want to. Now do you want your permission slip??

By the way congrats on getting married!

LOL! Thanks mang.

As much as I'd like to hang with Justin it just sounds like more fun on the 555 run. I know Turbo810 was wanting to ride also, but I'm not sure which one he'll want to go on.

I'll be seeing him tomorrow with my rear wheel and see what he says.

So are you going to allowed out to play shitty or what?

LOL! Thanks mang.

As much as I'd like to hang with Justin it just sounds like more fun on the 555 run. I know Turbo810 was wanting to ride also, but I'm not sure which one he'll want to go on.

If you make it down friday night you can come hang with InyaAzz, randy, and I. Yesterday, Kristen officially gave me permission to ride on Saturday.

LOL! Thanks mang.

The DTC updates are here: http://dysfunctionaltravelingcircus.freeforums.org/dtc-the-holy-grail-saturday-may-23rd-t9.html

But like I said, the DTC is laid back, and the route doesn't look particularly twisty. The saving grace is I've never ridden that part of the state, so maybe I'll get surprised by something. It's an adventure.

You're definitely better off going on this ride with Inya, U.Punk, and crew if you're looking for something more 'spirited'.

I'm going to save the 'spirited' riding for ride back home trying to make it back to Elyria by 8PM. ;)

/hijack

Well, I wanted to get started early. I want to be back in Lorain before 8. Plus I'm only bringing one shield with me.

Kev and John, if you're coming, plan on meeting us in Zanesville, unless Garrett can think of somewhere else. More details tomorrow. I'm still waiting for Tod to chime in.