Question for the Motard Guys!!

Dubguy85

I'm thinking about selling my SV to get a Motard... Had a few questions?

1. I know its probably not best for LONG LONG trips, but what is the MAX time you would want to spend on your motard?

2. Do you still love it, or do you wish you had a regular bike?

3. Would it make a good daily rider? I don't wanna put a TON of miles on my Ducati, so I need something fun to ride, and put miles on!

THANKS

Dubs

It is a different ride than a sport bike, and I love it. May get another sport bike someday, but I'll keep the tard.

1. I've been in the seat for 1.5 hours at a time. Bout all the more I want to sit at a time no matter what I am riding. Can easily spend the day out. In fact, I plan on being on it all day tomorrow!

2. Do I still love it? Hell yea! :D

3. I commute on it to work. Live in Pataskala, just outside of New Albany. Work in Delaware. Great on back roads and highways all the same.

You won't regret owning one. More fun than should be legal.

make sure you set up the suspension asap! I still love my tard, and i cant wait to get back on it. I didnt have much seat time on it before it decided to toss me off, but i think it would be a perfect communter, ran pretty well on the highway

I'm actually thinking about getting a 2007 BMW g650x moto... I just liked the way it looked...Ive seen some KTM's, Suzukis, and a kawi, that were cool, but really don't know much about them....Anyone know anything about that BMW?

Beamers are great bikes, but cost of ownership can be steep....but you're on a Duc so it may be a non-issue to you. If you're going to look into BMW $$, don't forget to take a look at the KTM's motard bikes....cause they eat BMW's for lunch in performance.

I've had a DRZ400SM, an XRL in supermoto trim and ride thumpers like they're going out of style. Comfort is, to me, a relative issue but I'm more comfortable on an upright position dirt bike than a supersport any day of the week, and if you have a good seat or use a good pad (the Sweet Cheeks pads are fucking awesome for long hauls), you can stay on them for a long time.

I did 6 hours last weekend on the TTR250, logging 200 miles of backroads, trails and slab and didn't have any discomfort. It's all in how you set it up, to be honest.

I love to travel on a thumper, I think it's about the most fun on a bike I've ever had.

i love my ktm, the 625 smc and the new 690 smc comes with ss braided lines, brembo brakes, wp suspension, and moar goodies, i dont know about the bimmer though, i know parts are insane though, i would rather have something from one of the big four, but right now, none of them make a motard (or something motardable) over 400cc

relboc, im doing pretty good, thanks, i still have a few months before i can ride :(

I'm thinking about selling my SV to get a Motard... Had a few questions?

1. I know its probably not best for LONG LONG trips, but what is the MAX time you would want to spend on your motard?

2. Do you still love it, or do you wish you had a regular bike?

3. Would it make a good daily rider? I don't wanna put a TON of miles on my Ducati, so I need something fun to ride, and put miles on!

THANKS

Dubs

1) All day long

2) I sold my other sportbike to get a 2nd motard

3) Yes, motards are light weight, easy to throw around, and cost less to maintain.

why own a bike if your skeered to put miles on it..seems stoopid to me

Agree! Up there with the dudes that buy sportscars and never drive them hardly. LAME! It depreciates as soon as you take it off the lot. Ride or drive that motherfucker and have fun because if not you're wasting your money.

I don't baby shit! I buy something I fucking use it till I sell it or it breaks! :rant::werd:

love my SuMo.

i have honestly only road my triumph this summer when the girl wants to go with, other then that is the 450! i havent stopped smiling once while on it!! spent hrs on top hrs on it with out problems!

would prolly get a ktm 450 with a 6speed if i coulda found one tho!!!

get one u wont regret it!

if you dont want put too much miles on your duc ,get another or get rid off it.if you just want to look at it i can send you poster.

naah...I'm cool...I ride the duc, when the weather is nice, and i have some good roads, to hit, I'm not gonna waste it around town and throw every day miles on it, thanks