Mid-Ohio 5/21/09

kawipilot

Me, Nick, Justin, and Kyle are all going to be there riding with Bill taking pics. I will also have my onboard cam on my bike so anyone that wants some vids of them selves around the track should be able to get some. I will be bringing my generator which will power 4-6 sets of tirewarmers since rumor has it we wont be able to get onto hot pit for power and the cars will have the garages. We are planning on meeting in the morning and hopefully being up there by 12:30 so that we can unload, setup, and relax for a bit before everything starts .

Edited by flounder

I will be there around 1300. I hope to get to pit lane for power. I haven't met you, so I will be in a black mustang, and my buddy hauling an orange trailer with the bikes.

green zx10 and a red triumph 675

I will be there around 1300. I hope to get to pit lane for power. I haven't met you, so I will be in a black mustang, and my buddy hauling an orange trailer with the bikes.

green zx10 and a red triumph 675

no pit lane from what I heard so you better find another source of power.

Guys, you will be pitting at the normal area of the paddock. If you do not rent a garage (Only $50 for as many bikes as you feel comfortable with), you will need a generator.

The track is not going to allow anyone other than staff in until 3pm. So, DO NOT SHOW UP AT EARLY TIMES EXPECTING TO GET IN.

Event starts at 5pm on track. That's more than enough time to get ready.

Tech/Registration will be from 3:15 to 4:15. Rider's meeting from 4:15 to 4:45. On track at 5pm.

Every 30 minutes will be checker flagged and will start again immediately following as a reminder to get water and check gas...

According to Patty from STT "

• You can enter pit lane AFTER The Mid-Ohio School driving program completes its on track activities for the day. Please do not enter pit lane until all driving activities are completed for the day as cars will be entering and exiting pit lane often. This will be at approximately 4:45PM.
  • GARAGE RENTAL: Not Available"

I am hoping to get down to the pit wall for power, because I was told that there would not be garages available due to the cars.

What is the deal at the gate not letting people in early? This happened to me once last year, but all the times previous it was no prpoblem to come in early.

On track at 5.. Whats is that all about.. Thought this was an LED from 330-830 like Mid Ohio's page stated.

Kawipilot. You can look for my Black 4 door tacoma or I believe APCH8r will have the Iron Pony tent set up where we will be. His bike is in his sig. I will be brining my genny for power just in case so if hot pit is a no go, you can always find us and share power. Even if we can get into hot pit at 445, that doesnt leave any time to actually unload and setup so we will be in the normal pit area somewhere.

Edited by flounder

I just signed up five minutes ago so I'm in. I was told when I called to sign up that we could get in at 2:00 PM and riding started at 4:30 PM.

SBT site has riding starting at 4:00 PM on one page and 4:30 PM on another, what gives? Isn't it just one group? Why do they ask you if you’re intermediate or advanced?

I haven't been there since September and I haven't ridden with SBT in two years. Hope to meet some new people and have some fun.

I have a 3000w generator that I can share with someone who needs power. I’ll be driving a black Trailblazer pulling a black trailer.

I believe this is an error on Mid-Ohio's part. The driving (car) school is prior to us. Plus, you got a response from Patty stating a 4:45 time frame so... I think that shows the error on their part.

A few things that are for sure:

1) No parking on hot pit. The cars are down there until close to the time we start. You are welcome to go down only after they are finished which is after Rider's Meeting (mandatory) and 15 minutes before green track. If you want to wait until that time, cool. The car guys have the track and I am not going to allow anyone other than staff down there... Most staff will be in garages or in the designated area we typically go.

2) No entry early due to the cars and their school. Too many people walking around and it has disrupted their scheduled times before. The car guys are really cool people and we need to show respect. Being allowed in 2 hours prior to the event is more than enough time for riders to get ready and get everything in order.

If you need more than 2 hours, you need to be working on that stuff before you come to the track.

Guys. 100% start time on the track is 5pm. It was an error in what Mid-Ohio posted. That's still 3 hours of solid track time for $155 or whatever it costs. That's more than the track time people get on the three group days and trust me, 3 hours solid is going to wear ya out...

Gate opens at 3 pm for non STT Staff... Don't try and get by as the gate people know who is staff and who is not. They do not get paid much so, don't bust their asses over something trivial...

I just signed up five minutes ago so I'm in. I was told when I called to sign up that we could get in at 2:00 PM and riding started at 4:30 PM.

SBT site has riding starting at 4:00 PM on one page and 4:30 PM on another, what gives? Isn't it just one group? Why do they ask you if you’re intermediate or advanced?

I haven't been there since September and I haven't ridden with SBT in two years. Hope to meet some new people and have some fun.

I have a 3000w generator that I can share with someone who needs power. I’ll be driving a black Trailblazer pulling a black trailer.

Ok, here's the reality...

We start on track at 5pm. 15 minutes for Intermediate and 15 minutes for Advanced... Then, at 5:30, it's a free for all.

Gate will open again at 3pm for non STT staff.

Registration is open at 3:15 until 4:15. You show after that? Tough luck...

4:15 - 4:45 is Rider's Meeting. 5pm on track promptly... Intermediate is up first.

Here's an FYI/ Invite. A few of us are riding @ Barber MSP July 11 and 12. Other than being hotter than hell it should be a great time. There are still openings, so bust out the credit card and go a little deeper in debt in the pursuit of speed/ happiness.

Note to a few guys worried about power...

There will be garages available to anyone that wants one. $50 and you can get 5 comfortably in one so, $10 each is pretty good...

Just a thought and a heads up. You can pay at the track. None have been reserved via the website...