Mid-Ohio 5/21/09

kawipilot

As requested by some, here is my feedback on the Michelin Power One.

As you all are aware I am not the fastest guy out there( or even the 10th or 11th), but I am also far from the slowest, so take the following information with that in mind.

I used warmers for the first session, and when I came in for a 20+ minute break, the rest of the time the tires stayed more than hot enough w/o. The grip was awesome. I was able to drag a knee in the keyhole the first lap. Feedback was the best I have felt. The bike felt most remarkable under braking. I had the rear off the ground trying to avoid someone elses disaster, and the bike felt "stable." These 190/55 are a bit taller than the Pilot Power in the same size but after a lap or two I hardly noticed. My last two 30 minute sessions were my best of the day (mid 1'40"s)[i use a calendar instead of a lap timer] and the tires never got greasy, wear was even and less than expected. pressures hot 26R 27.5 F

If I had the money I'd buy another set for spares today and that's saying something 'cuz I'm a cheap ass.

were those pressures recommended to you or did you just come up with that figure on your own?

I did miss type the front was 29.5 NOT 27.5

The front is .8 PSI below Michelins reccomendation, and the rear is spot on. Although I do tend to fly by the seat of my pants I generally take set up type stuff seriously I just can't type worth a damn. As also reccomended by Michelin your hot PSI should only be 1-4 PSI over cold.

Edited by kawipilot

Sorry guys I didn't look at the bike until today. I'm guessing about $1,300 for the damages. I don't know if I'm going to fix it though. For the first time in thirty years I am on unemployment. I knew it was coming and I just signed up for it today. I guess I should have taken it easier and not risked damaging the bike.

Sorry guys I didn't look at the bike until today. I'm guessing about $1,300 for the damages. I don't know if I'm going to fix it though. For the first time in thirty years I am on unemployment. I knew it was coming and I just signed up for it today. I guess I should have taken it easier and not risked damaging the bike.

im sure if u look around on the wera board you could save some money. Sry about the wreck, sounded pretty nastyy

Aww man, Im so sorry to hear that. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with anything.