the hottness is back

serpentracer

after having a plain all blue R6 since 04 when I first had to paint it from a crash, I decided this time(but of course after I just painted it again) to switch up and try to make it look like the factory decals. only these are painted on.

went from this boring plain blue,

3476501234_a19c3b8615_o.jpg

to this,

3555226829_e29f3806c9_b.jpg

I'm totally digging it again. took forever to mask off and get both sides as symmetrical as possible. because you can see both sides from the front.

I still need to sand down the edges of the clear and buff away the scuffing of the prepped areas and it will be good to go.

I think it looks a lot better. not sure if I should do anything else with the lower. any suggestions?

Edited by serpentracer

after having a plain all blue R6 since 04 when I first had to paint it from a crash, I decided this time(but of course after I just painted it again) to switch up and try to make it look like the factory decals. only these are painted on.

went from this boring plain blue,

to this,

Amazing the difference a few well-placed graphics can make...bike looks amazing! Nice Job!

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

How much of a PITA is it to get the plastics off to work on the bike?

race stuff is so much easier to get on and off.

I can have the whole set off in about 3 min.

should've used vinyl to mask it off. But then again, i do that everyday and have a 48" plotter at hand. :D

Looks good doe.

you asked for it, I might be bugging you to make me something..:D

not hard at all dude.

serpent-looks good, you doing any mid oh this year?

trackdays are on the far back burners for me this year. as sad as it makes me to say it.

with me only working 32/hr a week things are just too tight to spend too much money.

unless people want some paint jobs...hint hint..:D