Sunday 5/24 Ride

SWing'R

I'm riding tomorrow (Sunday) with a friend from work, if anyone wants to tag along I'm plannin on being out most the afternoon.

Still workin on the route plan but we are meeting around 11am in the parking lot of The Home Depot on 23 in Lewis Center.

Heres the planned route...

- Home Depot on 23 to Lewis Center Road to Big Walnut to Rt 3 up to Sunbury,

- Rt 3 to 36, 36 up to and thru Mount Vernon to 715

- 715 to the end at 36, hang a right and jump to 79, 79 down to 541

- 541 to Coshocton, lunch at McDonalds in Coschocton

- Continue on 541 to 93, 93 down to Zanesville and 22

- 22/93 to 93 splits off, 93 to New Lexington

- 93 to New Straitsville to 595

- 595 to 278

- 278 thru Nelsonville to 56

- 56 to Circleville

- 23/Circleville to Columbus/270

My rough estimate on total miles is 230 - 240miles give or take. I've never rode some of these

roads (most of 93 and 595), just picking them from a map so don't kill me if they suck :)

Edited by SWing'R
Updating route

i road 555 today and it was a waste of time, pretty much every corner has debris. just north of 78 on 555 there were a bunch of cows loose in the road (found out where the manure in the corners came from). i road 104 -> 23 -> 56 -> 180 -> 374 -> 664 -> 56 -> 93 -> 13 -> 78 -> 555 -> i70 .

all road were good except for 555; 56 had 1 or 2 turns with a little gravel about a mile before ash cave (the turn with the natural spring if you know where that is at). if you can hit up 374, 56, and 78 those roads are in great condition.

i road 555 today and it was a waste of time, pretty much every corner has debris.

Thanks for the good intel, I'm working on the route now and I was kinda hessitant to include 555 anyway.

I might meet up with guys tomorrow to ride. Was thinking about riding monday, but it now looks like rain.

I've been watching the weather for Sunday since a few days ago, it keeps changing every damn hour, I say fuck, im gonna chance it and just ride!

I've been watching the weather for Sunday since a few days ago' date=' it keeps changing every damn hour, I say fuck, im gonna chance it and just ride![/quote']

Haha, no shit, Ive been to the same 60% chance of rain to 40 to 20 to 40.

I'm riding tomorrow (Sunday) with a friend from work' date=' if anyone wants to tag along I'm plannin on being out most the afternoon.

Still workin on the route plan but we are meeting around [b']11am in the parking lot of The Home Depot on 23 in Lewis Center.

Heres the planned route...

- Home Depot on 23 to Lewis Center Road to Big Walnut to Rt 3 up to Sunbury,

- Rt 3 to 36, 36 up to and thru Mount Vernon to 715

- 715 to the end at 36, hang a right and jump to 79, 79 down to 541

- 541 to Coshocton, lunch at McDonalds in Coschocton

- Continue on 541 to 93, 93 down to Zanesville and 22

- 22/93 to 93 splits off, 93 to New Lexington

- 93 to New Straitsville to 595

- 595 to 278

- 278 thru Nelsonville to 56

- 56 to Circleville

- 23/Circleville to Columbus/270

My rough estimate on total miles is 230 - 240miles give or take. I've never rode some of these

roads (most of 93 and 595), just picking them from a map so don't kill me if they suck :)

Nice route.

...1 or 2 turns with a little gravel about a mile before ash cave (the turn with the natural spring if you know where that is at)...

Indeed, one should always expect sand and/or gravel in that turn. It is always there.

FYI: Lewis Center Rd is closed at Old State. You can go R on Old State, L on Orange, L on Bale Canyon to continue on Lewis Center. Not sure where going L on Old State takes you.

Thanks. The guy I'm meeting lives up that way so he probably would have know that too. We'll probably go Orange to Bale to Lewis Center/Big Walnut to Rt 3.

where exactly is the Home Depot in Lewis Center? Is it the one just past Powell Road or farther North?

Its on 23 across from the Walmart just North of Polaris Parkway/750.

Its actual address is...

Orange Township #3836

8704 Owenfield Drive

Powell, OH 43065

still 30 percent chance of rain on weather.com how ever they pushed it back to 3pm instead of 1pm

You know, an hour ago it was different, theres no point in watching it anymore, its changing every fricken hour, we can ride FASTER than the rain anyway!

Good ride today, hope everyone got back safe. Remember next time you take the Route 93 detour, make sure you are ready to do a little offroading.

That road was messed up! I still think that was someones idea of f'ing joke, I expected us all to end up chained up in someones cellar tonight an be served on the grill tomorrow at some redneck cookout! :eek: I've seen way to many movies where the "city folk" end up taking that wrong turn and are never seen alive again, thats the shit that was running thru my head as I led us all down what can only be descibed as a fucking horse path! Yeah, warning to all, stay clear of the "Route 93 Detour" in New Straitsville! I bet if we would have stayed on that main road it would have taken us to the turn for 595 that we never found!

nice you guys didn get wet...

Who said we didn't get wet? By the time we reached Logan we were getting some rain drops and nasty clouds. We made some phone calls and found out it was raining like hell in Newark and parts of Columbus. We scrapped the rest of the ride and split up at 33/93 in different directions headed for home! Me and my bud Rob headed West on 33 and got into some rain in the Lancaster area, not sure what the other guys hit heading north on 664.