Front Brake Issues

sandsjbyz22

So Friday I ride my k7 750 to work. Everything is fine and dandy. Leave work and go to hit the front brakes at the first stop light and nothing. Pump them a few times and I get some feeling back in the lever.

This weekend I went over everything and nothing was loose. I bled the brakes a couple of times and the lever felt nice and stiff. Started the bike up took off, hit the brakes and nothing. Rolled a little bit further and full brakes then nothing again.

I'm stumped? Any suggestions?? Thanks...

So Friday I ride my k7 750 to work. Everything is fine and dandy. Leave work and go to hit the front brakes at the first stop light and nothing. Pump them a few times and I get some feeling back in the lever.

This weekend I went over everything and nothing was loose. I bled the brakes a couple of times and the lever felt nice and stiff. Started the bike up took off, hit the brakes and nothing. Rolled a little bit further and full brakes then nothing again.

I'm stumped? Any suggestions?? Thanks...

by a triumph :D

i really have no idea, brakes are my thing haha

Check your MC, you may have fluid going past the piston in the MC thus no brake. Mine had this problem it was caused by Honda using a steel spring in an aluminum housing and the spring finally wore a grove in it to where the fluid just came past the piston.

I forgot that !!! Brandon has the roight idia , it helps to Loosen the master perch a little so it rotates forward , like gixxie750 said ! man I hate calling you that !!! LOL

Okay so I did a test saturday with just rolling the bike around the driveway.

Went thru and bled all the lines and MC. No air and lever is nice and stiff. Rolled the bike forward and full brakes. Rolled it again and brakes rolled it again and no brakes. With the brake lever pulled in I could still roll the bike around with no resistance. My Dad marked the rotors with a sharpie and proceeded to repeat. Went a few more times with brakes then nothing. Looke at the rotor and was about 90 deg. off from where we marked.

I just need to pull the rotors off and see if they are warped. But I did notice after we were all said and done there was a small amount of fluid around the bleeder. The MC was cleaned off after bleeding andthe bleeder was nice and tight?

Edited by sandsjbyz22