New rider, Northeast Ohio

Likwid

Hey all,

Brand new rider here, just got an '04 Vulcan... first bike, first time riding. I've taken a few rides but nothing serious until after the Ohio rides class in 2 weeks.

If you have any tips, tricks, or things to know of please let me know!

Look forward to seeing you out on the road

Likwid

I'm up around Macedonia/Twinsburg/Hudson/Northfield Center.... I live right at the intersection of all 4 essentially.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! My neighbor and his wife have 2 sport bikes, a JXR and something else (sorry, more into cruisers but still a newb).

I'm still getting the hang for the basics, couldn't resist the urge to take her out before the class (who could resist that), was a really short trip to the Target in Macedonia but on the way back I laid it down trying to make a left turn.... let myself get rushed and reacted poorly. I've always learned well from my mistakes but I need to slow my mind down and just relax.

Anyway, long reply, but looking forward to getting comfortable, I hope some of you sport bike guys won't mind riding with a newb on a cruiser!

...but on the way back I laid it down trying to make a left turn.... let myself get rushed and reacted poorly. !

Sorry to hear you laid it down already. Take it to an area with no traffic and start slow. Practice make perfect. I have only been riding for a few months myself but have taken everything slow and have yet to lay it down. Of course I let a friend ride it and he ran it into a wall. LOL Did some serious damage. Now I am really starting to get a feel for what the bike can do. Anyways, go slow and have fun. And always wear your gear.

Rubber side down!

Hey all,

Brand new rider here, just got an '04 Vulcan... first bike, first time riding. I've taken a few rides but nothing serious until after the Ohio rides class in 2 weeks.

If you have any tips, tricks, or things to know of please let me know!

Look forward to seeing you out on the road

Likwid

Welcome, welcome! I'm going to take the class also, only I have to try for the walk-in because all the classes are full...glad to know I'm not the only novice rider on this site!

welcome buddy, i used to live in kent and stow and cf. but now i moved back to youngstown after school.....in any event my brother has a chiropractic clinic in hudson, right on 303 in the plaza with panera and acme......maybe youve seen it....Ault chiropractic of Hudson...enough rambling welcome and if you ever come down to quaker's bike night in austintown (thursdays) ill ride with you.