Another one gone, When will it stop?

gergzla

A bunch of friends text me the other day amd asked me if I was ok, because they heard there was a motorcycle accident right down the street from where I live, but thankfully it wasn't me.

R.I.P.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/46459652.html

Cuyahoga Falls woman hurt in motorcycle crash dies By Beacon Journal staff

POSTED: 08:52 a.m. EDT, May 29, 2009

AKRON: A 37-year-old Cuyahoga Falls woman has died following injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident, the Summit County Medical Examiner's Office said today.

The medical examiner and Akron police are investigating the death of Carol Traczyk of Pierce Avenue.

She was a passenger on a motorcycle that was traveling at a high rate of speed Wednesday afternoon on North Howard Street near North Main Street in Akron, authorities said. The motorcycle hit a curb after the driver lost control, authorities said.

Traczyk was transported to Akron General Medical Center, where she died Thursday from her injuries.

gear?

if no gear, i have no sympathy. You ride a motorcycle with no attempt at protection, you knew the risks, or were too stupid to survive anyway.

Well, it's personal choice. I agree with you, no gear no ride.... but it's still really sad anytime anything happens to someone on a bike...

Wow.... so since they didn't have gear on they should die!!!

seriously....

Not exactly...

If you decide to get on a bike in the first place, you accept a substancial risk, and are aware of possible consequences.

You wear gear to mitigate some of the risk.

If you wear no gear, you accept the risk, and any consequences that result in your actions. period.

I don't want anyone to die, but if it happens, it's your own fault.

RIP

"When will it stop?" - It'll stop when the human race is gone. With death comes birth, with birth comes death; an endless cycle. We all have to go. It just sucks when we do. It's only a matter of time. We all are born dying. As of being killed though, you never know if you'll go that way either. Accidents and being in the wrong place at the wrong time happen. Some see it as FATE, some see it as bad luck. Sooner or later, it's going to GET YOU, and there is nothing we can ever do about it. It sucks!

Edited by NinjaNick

I drove over this minutes after it happened, headed south on N main st bridge, it was under the bridge on Howard. Saw a burgundy harley on its side, several police and ambulances at the scene. It had rained VERY hard about 15 minutes before that, and its a tight corner there, under a bridge, so that may have contributed. Of course, I can only imagine they were attired in standard harley gear, IE as little as possible.

Maybe the person was new to riding and didn't fully understand the importance of gear. You never know.

I would agree that Mag's initial comment might have been harsh, but I get where he is coming from. Issac's Papa makes one where we lack control over what others do, but you assume that risk when you ride. Gear is about preparing for the crash, not the ride. Fully understanding the importance of gear should be as apparent to a new rider as anything. Dying from injuries preventable by common safety gear can't be excused as a rookie mistake. Personally, I don't care how long you have been in the saddle. If you die from injuries that you could have prevented with gear, it's natural selection. Sad, but true. Of course gear can't prevent every death, no matter how much is employed. That is where we take responsibility foe engaging in a lifestyle that is as dangerous as it is rewarding.

All of this doesn't change how tragic it is for someone to have died. RIP to the lost one, and prayers to the family for peace and strength.

Yeah Mag that's a little cold man. No one deserves to die like that. Maybe the person was new to riding and didn't fully understand the importance of gear. You never know.

agreed, regardless, someone lost their life, and that sucks, RIP

I agree. We lost a very dear friend almost 2 yrs ago. He was in full gear. He was tryin to keep up with a more experienced rider, that guy kept egging him on to keep up. He had just upgraded from a GS500 to a ZX6R, he wasn't ready for that bike! He went left of center, head on with a truck. He flew over the truck but he broke his clavical and it severed his artery. He bled out internally before he made it to the hospital. Point here, NEVER ride outside your means! The front of the pack will always wait for you! If they won't or make fun of you cuz you cant keep up, you're ridin with the wrong people! Ride safe out there. RIP

Hi, I'm a jerk...

okay, honestly, I'm not heartless.

I do ultimately feel bad for their family and friends, but it's up to you to cover your ass. Maybe I answered too quickly and didn't explain myself very well.