Bike for $250

mattm

Do you really care what it is? :D

Ok. 1986 Yamaha Radian 600 with 20k. Has been repainted at some point by a previous owner. All references to Radian are gone. Has a D&D exhaust. Also comes with batting to quiet it down. Needs a carb rebuild or thorough cleaning, not sure which it is yet. Battery at least needs charged or replaced, probably replaced. Last on the road in 2006. Has been down a few times and cosmetically isn't in perfect shape if you couldn't tell by the price, but it has a clean title. New tires in 2006 and not much mileage on them since then, under 1000 miles.

I will update this post with pics tomorrow sometime. Plugs are good but the bowls are leaking gas down on the motor...:eek: They need a rebuild or at least they need taken off and cleaned completely. Probably need new needle valve seats for the bowls at least. Doesn't leak any oil at all. Seat has a tear in it.

Please come and get it. It was going to be my pit bike for Mid Ohio as I race a miata but I haven't fixed it yet and it has been almost a year. Not gonna get to it soon so I figured I would let it go.

DISCLAIMER!!

This bike is junk. It doesn't look new. Squids have dropped it multiple times. It WILL get you in trouble with your HOA. It NEEDS a battery. It NEEDS carb attention. You CANNOT ride it today without a battery and carb work. It DOES NOT leak any oil. The forks DO NOT leak. BUT the bike DOES need work. For christ's sake it only costs $250. I SHOULD keep it for a pit bike at Mid Ohio since they banned non-licensed vehicles. It WOULD make a great cafe project. Pictures coming...

Edited by mattm

Here are the pics. The pics make it look better than it really is. Remember that this bike is crap.

No you cannot ride it home.

Battery is dead.

All previous disclaimers apply.

http://picasaweb.google.com/matt.montes/1986YamahaRadian#

Sorry about the mess. Moving the race car around the bikes and making room to work on all of it.

Edited by mattm

• 2 weeks later...
It was cool meeting you again Matt, I pm'd you about my cell phone, I hope I left it @ your place by mistake...

Glad you found your phone.

Bike is SOLD!!

Good luck with it Mike