want to know who can sell your bike better than you? click here

Ron Burgundy

+1

I've bought and sold several race bikes. Usually for about what I had in them, sometimes for a little bit more. I always figured passing on a good deal to another racer would pay dividends down the road.

Trying to double my money to people I know and/or share the track with always seemed like a shitty deal to me. Obviously, you feel differently. That's cool. It'll come back to ya.

Todd this is a STREET BIKE! I would be the first one to help anybody out for Free at the track. If it was a race bike i would deff be selling it for way cheaper. I have lost a min of 1500 on every race bike i have sold. It sucks! I finally have a clear titled bike that the masses can buy. When selling a track/race bike you have allot less people in the market. Now a street bike you have many many options.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny. Why bitch and moan in his classified add. He paid $3500, is asking $6000k. Someone offer him $4000 and see if he comes back at $4500 or something. There is no reason to take any of this personally. You can always go down in price but you can't go up. I see the logic here.

Whether the bike is actually worth $6000, who knows and who cares, if it isn't don't buy it from him. People get so emotional sometimes.

BTW, my bikes..... all of them are for sale for 1 million dollars. Make offers!

Oh, BTW gixxie. Collar bone is pretty much healed up. Your old 2003 750 is set up and I'm going to putnam this Sunday. Just thought I'd share.

This is more or less what it looks like now

Picture189.jpg

It's whatev.. the bike will sell for its value to the buyer. It might not be 6K, but thats a good bargaining point to start from. I'd buy it if I had my bonus by now... of course we'd wheel and deal too... I know what he paid for it and I also know what I would pay for it..

G/L with the sale homie...

I think the reason people get so emo about it is because it's Gixxie and not a golden child of OR, he's like the black sheep to some.. It happens...

while carrying on with it might not have been necessary to have in the FS thread, I think it's completely appropriate for potential buyers to know the purchase history, then they can decide for themselves if it's important or not. i think that info should have stayed...

while carrying on with it might not have been necessary to have in the FS thread, I think it's completely appropriate for potential buyers to know the purchase history, then they can decide for themselves if it's important or not. i think that info should have stayed...

sorry but you're wrong. it was his mistake for originally posting how much he paid for the bike but I can't fix that. i realize you probably wouldn't start a new thread to comment on an existing thread but almost all of the above comments are irrelevant to his add to sell a bike.

sorry but you're wrong. it was his mistake for originally posting how much he paid for the bike but I can't fix that. i realize you probably wouldn't start a new thread to comment on an existing thread but almost all of the above comments are irrelevant to his add to sell a bike.

you can disagree with what i said but opinions arent wrong. :D

Todd this is a STREET BIKE! I would be the first one to help anybody out for Free at the track. If it was a race bike i would deff be selling it for way cheaper. I have lost a min of 1500 on every race bike i have sold. It sucks! I finally have a clear titled bike that the masses can buy. When selling a track/race bike you have allot less people in the market. Now a street bike you have many many options.

Oh, so since its a street bike, its ok to fuck your buddies?

Cool....

Man, you guys must hate every store and retail location too...

I mean, I completely understand why people would be upset but this is the world... the $10 oil filter you just bought cost the store $1, and it cost the manufacturer a shiny nickle...

It's just they don't advertise how much the markup is.

Todd every single racer i know buys and sells motorcycles and motorcycle parts. Its the way of the world! BUY LOW SELL HIGH. Worst case on this bike i have plenty of play room for a buyer! If i get desperate and need cash ASAP i can go down. A bikes worth is only what it DOES sell for and nor WHAT it sells for. So i'll start at 6 and go down.

Be fair people- It's 6 beans, and he'll also go down on ya! Can't get that type of service everywhere! ;)

Man, you guys must hate every store and retail location too...

I mean, I completely understand why people would be upset but this is the world... the $10 oil filter you just bought cost the store $1, and it cost the manufacturer a shiny nickle...

It's just they don't advertise how much the markup is.

Everyone knows that the store makes money. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

What stinks on ice here is that a dude is trying to make money on so-called "friends" - after bragging about the "great deal" he got on the bike to start with.

todd u are a idiot. My friends on here all understand the way of the world. I got a deal and I am trying to make some money back. I would sell this to anyone who wanted it. I paid 3500,but how do u know what i spent after that? taxes title,wheel,parts,misc other things. I am asking for what the market value is and u would do the same! If not refer to my first sentance.:p

todd u are a idiot. My friends on here all understand the way of the world. I got a deal and I am trying to make some money back. I would sell this to anyone who wanted it. I paid 3500,but how do u know what i spent after that? taxes title,wheel,parts,misc other things. I am asking for what the market value is and u would do the same! If not refer to my first sentance.:p

Say what you want. Doesn't really matter to me.

Selling a bike to "friends" for nearly double what you paid for it bad. Its ok though, what comes around, goes around.

You have friends on here? :dunno: