New Girl on the board!

Viewfromthebackseat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome: and enjoy!

Congrats on the wedding. August is a good month to get married! It will be two years for us August 7th.

CONGRATS TO YOU TWO!

Good to know that Ben has settled down. :) Some. :)

I agree that August is a great month to get married. August 20, 2005 for Jim and I.

I didn't mean to cause such as fuss. My MAN is protective. But thank you out there for all the wedding wishes! I hope to get enough nerve to take the course and hope to some day ride with you all. :)

Me and one of my gf's are taking the course at Hinderer Honda in Heath July 9, 11, 12 if you want to take it with us! It will be a good time for sure :) Let me know if you are interested and I can send you all the details.

I would say definately try it out. My husband and I had our own bikes then sold them and now we only have one that we share. Riding on the back vs. driving is a real bummer. There is no turning back once you been in the driver's seat!

hey I took the course last july and had never been on a bike before. Just do the written test so you have your temps. The course is cake work, 3 days 4 hours each day, last two days are on the bike. And when they say basic course, they really mean a 3 year old could do it.

I was comfortable enough to buy a bike right after the course and start riding on my own. Don't look at the whole thing as something to be intimidated by cause it's really not. Be encouraged and just go for it, look at it this way... you wont loose alot of time or money if you go through the course and change your mind or if you go through the course and fail it. It's only $25!

I'd go for an actual bike and not a scooter for your first ride though I mean you should get used to shifting and I don't think you can do that on a scooter.

welcome to the boards!

Welcome girl!! Good way to start some ...fun...on the boards, lol!! Definately learn!! You will still enjoy being a passenger occasionally, I know I still do sometimes! The difference is, you have a choice! It does make you a much better passenger. Well, watch out for some of these guys!! They're all a little crazy, get used to it! If ya need any advice or pointers, give me a shout!

Welcome aboard. Go ahead and take the Msf course and learn to ride. Just picked up a Sportster for my wife. She took the course and was still a little nervous. Took her out a few times to ride together, now she loving it. Go get in the saddle.