Dayton folk news

NinjaNick

Really? a Kel-Tec? :wtf:

One of my carry guns is a ruger lcp .380, its nice to have to take with me when I want something more concealed than my glock. You carry the right ammo and have good trigger control some of those small guns can be very effective. But i've never fired a kel tec so I can't testify to their reliability?

DSC02199.jpg

Edited by dmagicglock

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware of those early model LCPs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_LCP

I haven't shot the Ruger .380, but I swear to God that those .38s have more felt recoil than my .357, my .40, or the .45 I shot. I think it's because they're so light compared to the others - at least that's the impression I got after shooting my ol' mans .380.

Edited by JRMMiii
.380 ACP, not .38 spc

Beware of those early model LCPs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_LCP

I haven't shot the Ruger .38, but I swear to God that those .38s have more felt recoil than my .357, my .40, or the .45 I shot. I think it's because they're so light compared to the others - at least that's the impression I got after shooting my ol' mans .38.

they do have quite a bit of recoil, it might be because you can only get one hand on it really. Even with the mag extension it doesn't help much, but lets face it this is a gun you probably wouldn't use for more than 10 feet away. But if you fired a small .38 it might have more kick than a .380 because a .380 cartridges are for pistols not revolvers and they have a shorter length of the bullet with less powder behind the slug.

Yea, I meant .380 ACP. My bad. It's the .380 that I thought kicked... those are still small pistols

I have .38 spc for my SP101 and that's WEAK stuff (.38 spc) - but the Ruger is all polished stainless, so it's got a little mass to it.

I went back and edited my previous post to clear up the .380 vs. .38 cartridges I meant to say (.380 was what was meant)

Edited by JRMMiii

Yea, I meant .380 ACP. My bad. It's the .380 that I thought kicked... those are still small pistols

I have .38 spc for my SP101 and that's WEAK stuff (.38 spc) - but the Ruger is all polished stainless, so it's got a little mass to it.

I went back and edited my previous post to clear up the .380 vs. .38 cartridges I meant to say (.380 was what was meant)

I fired one of these at the range a few weeks back (my father in law does testing for ruger) and it's a pretty nice .38 revolver, that is really light with an awesome grip surface and its dual action, a first for a revolver i think? Only carries 5 bullets tho'... if you have a ruger revolver now, you'd love this thing.

DSC06148.JPG

I fired one of these at the range a few weeks back (my father in law does testing for ruger) and it's a pretty nice .38 revolver, that is really light with an awesome grip surface and its dual action, a first for a revolver i think? Only carries 5 bullets tho'... if you have a ruger revolver now, you'd love this thing.

DSC06148.JPG

s&w make air weights like that revolver. Maxpower has one and he loves it!

Nothing against small guns, Hell I carried a walther P22 for a while, still love that little fucker. With almost no recoil the second shot is virtually instant, no reaiming required. a .22 may not be as messy as a larger caliber but I'll be damned if it's not gonna stop a run of the mill thug. Yeah someone hell bent on killing you will keep comming, but then again if they had that as their only goal I doubt you'd have a chance to get your side arm out anyways.

I have just never heard a positive thing about Kal-tec. there was a woman in my CCW class that had one and it was a 50/50 guess if the thing would fire or not, the instructor had nothing good to say about them either.

I have and LOVE my XD45 ACP, it's the tactical model, 4" barrel short grip, Honestly one of the nicest hand guns I've ever shot (not that I've shot every one ever made but I've had my hands on a few) the only thing I like better, and if I had an extra grand laying around I'd have one, is my old mans Kimber Ultra Carry II. THAT is 20lbs of punch in a 5lb bag. amazingly light and very well ballanced. Only complaint about it is it doesn't seem to like Hollow points, they have a tendancy to jam the gun, so he carrys std round nose ammo.

I have just never heard a positive thing about Kal-tec. there was a woman in my CCW class that had one and it was a 50/50 guess if the thing would fire or not, the instructor had nothing good to say about them either.

wow dont even sound like the same gun. like i said before our instructor had one and was passing it around to the girls and letting them shot them my sister mom and gf loved them. never once a problem. my sister bought hers first then my dad got one for my mom but he liked it enough her ended up buying her a sig misquito, and now i just got one for my gf for her bd.