In Transition, New to Ohio Riders.

Shive

Hi, I'm in between bikes at the moment but you all have a great site. I live in Gahanna and rode a ZUK LC-1500 for 4 years. Which I sold almost 2 years ago. So trying to get back on the streets not sure what the flavor will be. M109r has my eye...but I really like the Yamaha Raider as well. I'm searching for a good deal...who isn't! So Im trying to be patient and track down an 08.If it happens sooner great but later is OK too.

Looking forward to riding again!

Shive

• 3 months later...

WOW...it's hard to believe I wrote this in July... Time really flies... as it stands I found myself not liking the M109r as much as I thought. I couldn't get the deal I wanted on a Raider. I was raking over Ebay... when I thought I would take look at used Harley's. There it was a 2005 Anniversary Edition FatBoy 4000 miles and cherry as can be at a price I couldn't refuse. So never thought I would be saying this but I'm riding a Fatboy now. I have missed riding so much I don't know if it's the Sampson pipes or what... But she sure puts a big a$$ smile on my face when ever I crank her up. It's good to be back on the road again, hit'n 80, and grinning like I stole her!

I kinda did!

Shive

WOW...it's hard to believe I wrote this in July... Time really flies... as it stands I found myself not liking the M109r as much as I thought. I couldn't get the deal I wanted on a Raider. I was raking over Ebay... when I thought I would take look at used Harley's. There it was a 2005 Anniversary Edition FatBoy 4000 miles and cherry as can be at a price I couldn't refuse. So never thought I would be saying this but I'm riding a Fatboy now. I have missed riding so much I don't know if it's the Sampson pipes or what... But she sure puts a big a$$ smile on my face when ever I crank her up. It's good to be back on the road again, hit'n 80, and grinning like I stole her!

I kinda did!

Shive

I'm gonna say welcome to the site, because the rest of this...won't be so nice. You should be punched in the nuts for getting a HD. You went from a M109 and Raider...to a Fat Boy? M109 and Raider...both over 100 hp. Fat boy 56 hp. 56. Think about that. You bought a moped with pipes. A leaky, vibrate the engine out of the frame, unreliable bike...as well as brand.

I'm going to rattle off a few bikes...that the fat boy can do, but better. All of these have more hp...more torque.....lighter and no HD badges.

Suzuki Boulevard s83. 72hp. 559 lbs wet compared to the Fat Boy's 705 DRY. Suzuki Marauder...similar specs^^, just a little heavier.

Honda Shadow 1100. 78 hp. 566 lbs...dry....Fat Boy Dry....705 lbs.

Honda Vtx 1300. 74 hp. 639 lbs dry.....

Honda Vtx 1800. 107 hp. About as heavy as the Fat Boy. Over a 50 hp...difference though.

Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. 64hp. 668 lbs WET.

Again, all of these have more hp, torque, lighter...or just about. Hell...you could have even probably found a Yami...with better specs.

I'm done. Don't mean to shit on you, or your bike. Just on HD. They build inferior bikes imo. And...i know i'm not alone. A bike's a bike in the end. I wish you the best on it, and hope you have fun.

Gee Night...Your forgot to say "and have a nice day!" I appreciate YHO ....ok maybe YO. But in the end it boiled down to I had an LC-1500 and I liked it it fine...the M109R was to wide for me and because of the forward controls it just wasn't comfortable. A Raider was just out of my $$$ range pretty simple...but I still love the bike. As far as a moped with pipes your a little over stated this bike gits it as good as my LC ever did. It's not the same bike as either the M or the Raider...But I don't have to go much faster than 80 and FB gets there with plenty of throttle to spare! It has the upgraded 95cui that comes with this issue. I loved my LC but Suzuki doesn't really make that bike anymore. If you have a problem with HD so be it...it's all good by me. I've put 500 miles on it so far and it's been flawless. I have nothing bad to say about them except there way overpriced! But the economy is kind of putting things in the right perspective. 2 years ago that bike used would have been way overpriced...I got for 5,900 under book value. Stayed within my budget... I own it and so far I love it! Is it better than my LC-1500??? There about the same actually the gearing on the LC seemed to be spread out a little better and I miss the hydraulic clutch! But if I had to I could flip this bike pretty quick and make a few bucks. The differentiator here is what I paid for the bike. It was a great deal!

Shive

Gee Night...Your forgot to say "and have a nice day!" I appreciate YHO ....ok maybe YO. But in the end it boiled down to I had an LC-1500 and I liked it it fine...the M109R was to wide for me and because of the forward controls it just wasn't comfortable. A Raider was just out of my $$$ range pretty simple...but I still love the bike. As far as a moped with pipes your a little over stated this bike gits it as good as my LC ever did. It's not the same bike as either the M or the Raider...But I don't have to go much faster than 80 and FB gets there with plenty of throttle to spare! It has the upgraded 95cui that comes with this issue. I loved my LC but Suzuki doesn't really make that bike anymore. If you have a problem with HD so be it...it's all good by me. I've put 500 miles on it so far and it's been flawless. I have nothing bad to say about them except there way overpriced! But the economy is kind of putting things in the right perspective. 2 years ago that bike used would have been way overpriced...I got for 5,900 under book value. Stayed within my budget... I own it and so far I love it! Is it better than my LC-1500??? There about the same actually the gearing on the LC seemed to be spread out a little better and I miss the hydraulic clutch! But if I had to I could flip this bike pretty quick and make a few bucks. The differentiator here is what I paid for the bike. It was a great deal!

Shive

Again, didn't mean to bash you. Just HD. If your happy with the bike, and having fun...that's all that matters. I was just stating, that there were other options out there. Compared to other bikes, HD in my opinion really isn't up to par. Except for one, and they needed help on that. The V-rod.