300+mile afternoon ride down rt41

buildit

Over on Adv Rider we have a game called photo tag. It's great fun and gets you to ride some areas you might not otherwise explore. Like today, I reasearched the clues to the current location and thought I had it down in Adams County. So about 12:30 I took off down rt38 to Washington Courthouse and then down rt41. Up till Bainbridge it was lots of the same straight roads. But 41 South of Brainbridge if marked (scenic), it should be marked (fun!). :D

If I had a choice between 555 and rt41 after today I'd choose rt41 simply because of the condition of the roads, soft well graded turns, yet fun to sweep through even at legal speeds!

Well, to make a log story short my research turned up zero.:( But I had a lot of fun down in Adams county exploring the back roads and even a little offroading.

V-stromincreek1.jpg

On the way home I flew up rt73 which was also not half bad for some fun turns and whoopties to fly off as you rolled over. Sometime I'll have to get a shot of the V-strom air born on one of these.;) So next time you are trying to think of a fun area to ride try Adams county.:)

I have reconsidered my stance on VStroms... it has been upgraded to butterface

Butterface??? :confused:

The Strom is it's a relativly bullet broof bike that is really comfortable for a big tall guy like me. It'll get over 100 pretty easy but tops around 135. I don't need to go that fast anyways. :D As for offroad it is top heavy, a little low in the center and requires some rider skill to manuver it effectivly but I havn't had a problem on gravel keeping up with my BMW GS1200 friends. I have mine up one tooth on the counter sprocket for more low end power and a better power band at highway speeds. It still gets about 45mpg but makes sixth gear far more usable.

41 South of Brainbridge if marked (scenic), it should be marked (fun!). :D

I took a look at this with Google Sat and it looks awesome! Lots of sweepers and some tighter ones. Looks like it runs through some heavily wooded areas, too. Thanks for the tip!:D