My ride on the dragon

LilTuffGirl

I haven't paid for any of the pics yet so I have to just post up the page. Still waiting on KillBoy to post their pics then i'll start buying even though the prices suck.

Photos from US129 Photography..

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...596&g=05&s=750

Should be at the top of that page (the repsols).. My fiance is in t-shirt and jeans.... I have the white honda jacket on.

and Moonshine Photography (Good pics of the fiance! Ok of me..)

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...989&g=02&s=600

Oh and my fiance's cousin is the idiot in shorts and a t-shirt on the red 600 wink.gif lol

And moonshine going back down the dragon (I really wasn't getting on it at all. I almost got hit by a cruiser and had enough.)

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...89&g=02&s=1275

and 129 going back down

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=4920596&g=05&s=1675

Overall it was a good ride. I was nervous at first so got tired REAL fast. I'm thinking KillBoy was the first crew there and if so those pics should be better. At first I was doing good.

We're now planning to do this on a daily bases.

Edited by LilTuffGirl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool pics.

Not gonna lie . . . at least you had the sense to wear a jacket. Not to mention some of those pics of your dude were a bit disappointing: elbows locked, leaning slightly away from corner, and of course the lack of gear. Why do you like this guy again? Oh yeah, he practically gave you a Repsol 1k :p

Should be at the top of that page (the repsols).. My fiance is in t-shirt and jeans.... I have the white honda jacket on.

Oh and my fiance's cousin is the idiot in shorts and a t-shirt on the red 600 wink.gif lol

Just wondering about this comment. I found it strange you called the cousin an idiot, they're just about equally geared? :confused:

I'm still paying about $6,500 for the 1k. And I gave him $1,500 for the 600 and he still gets all the money from it when we sell it. (well I get the $1k back I put into his bike). so I just got a really good deal on the 1k.

And I don't love him for the way he rides ;) He can actually ride damn good. I don't pay attention to his form but as far as the line he takes for the turns and the way he can fly through them.. he's damn good. He normally wears a jacket just like mine but black/grey but he said it was too hot. I'm his fiance not his mother. But at least he had jeans on.. the cousin had shorts. His cousin isn't as good of a rider (hasn't been riding on the street long though) but is freakin' nuts and will go all out.

I'm still not all that great on the twisties. I'm doing MUCH better on the 1k than I was on the 600 though. But I really need to go to the track and get some training under my belt so I can build my confidence. Going down hill I HATE!!! I don't like how my weight is shifted forward more. I'm too shakey that way.

And I don't love him for the way he rides ;) He can actually ride damn good. I don't pay attention to his form but as far as the line he takes for the turns and the way he can fly through them.. he's damn good.

If this is "damn good" then I'd hate to see your definition of "bad"

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK00IW050784&po=784

Just offering advice. Modern bikes are so amazing you can get away with a lot, and he very well may be going at a quick pace, but just looking at a picture it's pretty obvious he taught himself how to ride. There are a lot things he could do and then that combined with the bravery he could be much quicker (and safer).

Why would I do that? Then he'd be able to fight back.

Nah he thinks forums are stupid. I get bored and like to argue from time to time even if it's over some dumb crap. It helps to pass the time while I'm at work. Like right now I'm standing in the ER waiting for my partner. I'm so damn bored.

I know I was pretty stiff because I was nervous. I got tired quickly too becuase of that. I've been riding for 2 years but most of it is comuting to work and school.

Then I've had so many close calls with other vehicles crossing the line and coming to get me I just have no trust.

Hopefully one day I'll look like a pro too :( I was hoping I had more of a lean to me. Maybe in the other pics I'll have more luck. I do t have much of a chicken strip left so I was doing good at some place.