A New Gal From Columbus... Hi!

FlyingBunny

Hello, riders! I'm a super newbie: a newbie to the forum and a newbie to riding.

I'm a friend of juliejuliejulie and just recently completed the MSF course with her. It was the very first time I have EVER ridden a bike (as a 'driver'. I previously just rode on the back of my boyfriend's CBR 600RR... and being a pax just isn't as fun ;)), and through some trial and error (*coughdroppingthebikecough*) I passed the course and got my endorsement! Woohoo!

I'm here to learn more about bikes, get to know those of you who enjoy riding, and make a few friends here 'n there ;)

I would love to hear from all of you, especially about your riding experiences and tips for a newbie rider like me. Also, any tips on which kind of bike I should purchase would be MUCH APPRECIATED!! :D I've been told the Ninja 250 is an awesome bike to start out on, so I've been keeping an eye out for those (used ones, of course). Thoughts? :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you seriously fly too, or is that just a clever ruse?

:lol:

:welcome: I will be selling my 250 ninja next year. I am also new and I can tell you if you want power. Your first bike should be a 600 or better. Like sv650 or the ninja 500. I already outgrew my 250 in less then a month.

hahaha... yes she is a pilot. We went to flight school together so she is legit!

WELCOME Miss Amy!! You did awesome in class! Watch out for these guys... there are some feisty ones here... ;)

hahaha thanks Julie!! I already saw the leg humping smiley... oh boy ;)

You did awesome in the class!! Let me know if you wanna get together sometime! I won't be like the cool kids and have a bike (YET).. but maybe Vinny will cart me around??? LOL

Hello, riders! I'm a super newbie: a newbie to the forum and a newbie to riding....I would love to hear from all of you, especially about your riding experiences and tips for a newbie rider like me. Also, any tips on which kind of bike I should purchase would be MUCH APPRECIATED!! :D

Welcome!

The type of bike you get would really depend on the type of riding you anticipate on doing

and whether or not you like the riding position of a sportbike or a cruiser.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people givin ya suggestions.

Come to some bike nights and take a look at different bikes...

- Wednesdays at Quaker Steak & Lube.

- Thursdays at Wings & Rings (E. Broad just past Mt Carmel East)

- Fridays at Hooters in Hilliard