A New Gal From Columbus... Hi!

FlyingBunny

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

Sportbike, cruiser, or standard... standards are sort of retro. They sit between the other two. Known as the "sit up and beg" bikes. Go to one of the bike nights, and talk your way into sitting on a few different types. Julie? Get her out to one of the evening meets?

My old basic rule is no bike that weighs more than 3 times yourself. Dunno. But less horsepower at first is a good thing to learn with. The throttle and brakes are more forgiving. And used is good, because the first bike can get beat up a bit.

My bro that rides just got his instrument license and all that. Graduating commercial school or whatever its called this year to try to get in a freight comp. or commercial...

Anyways, welcome, ask questions, and take everything with a grain of salt.

I'll sell you my 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 500R. It's a great starter bike. I've had it for two months and I am now looking to upgrade to something more powerful. I have a helmet and jacket that I'll throw into it as well.