A New Gal From Columbus... Hi!

FlyingBunny

Um.... I got a stupid n00b question: What does QS&L stand for? I'll attend when I'm road ready :)

Sweet, My by bike (at this time) is right next to the Beulah Park.

BIKE NIGHT IN

THE AFTERNOON

SUNDAY JULY 19, 2009, 2-7 PM RIDE ON OVER TO

BEULAH PARK FOR THE BIG PREVIEW TO OUR

AUGUST 16TH AMA GRAND NATIONAL

CHAMPIONSHIP RACES LIVE INTERVIEWS WITH SOME OF THE AMA’S

HOTTEST RIDERS INCLUDING

THREE TIME AMA GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPION

KENNY COOLBETH FREE PARKING FREE ADMISSION LIVE MUSIC

Edited by Mikejr879
event add

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

I think you will outgrow a 250, you can play quite happily on a 600 and still have plenty in there for when you grow into it! Come to the meet and greet on August 9th and there will be plenty of bikes to give you an all round idea of what to get!

I always wanted to fly myself, but alas.......

Cheers

I think they sense that Flyingbunny actually IS here to learn and ride~

I actually skipped this thread because I assumed it was a cry for attention but now looking back to the first thread, you're right.

Welcome bunny, glad you took the MSF, +1 for that

lol *scratches head* I wonder why you would say something like that? :rolleyes:

250's are good to start on. 600's honestly (I don't think) are that bad. They definitely have the ability to get you into trouble, but so do the 250's. It's a motorcycle... Biggest thing is get what YOU feel comfortable riding. Go out to some bike shops and sit on some different style bikes so you can get an idea on how the different riding positions would feel for you, as some are more aggressive than others.

Buying used is definitely the way to go, but if you do, try to find someone to go along with you (if you don't know what to look for) to inspect the bike. Biggest tip is that when you do finally get a bike, don't ride above your skill level...it's easier to get yourself into trouble than you think.

Anyways, I'll shoosh for now. Once again, welcome and good luck on finding a bike!

you all have some great advice, thanks!! I'm going to try to make it to the Thursday bike night. I work until 8pm so it'll be closer to 9 until I can make it though. Will anyone still be there? I'll keep ya posted on that...

And in response to some previous posts... yes, I am here to learn :-p I took the MSF course and wish it was longer so I could learn some more. I'd love to learn on a sport bike which is why I'm looking into getting a used one in the near future.

what does it take to learn to fly? cost?

and i would go with a 500 ninja or any 600. that way you dont outgrow it right away.. as long as you respect what it'll do you'll be fine..

Flying lessons vary by flight school. I trained at OU and their flight courses were insanely expensive... I don't even recommend them! Each course (Private Pilot, Cross Country, Instrument, Commercial, Multi-Engine, CFI, etc etc) were around $5,000 EACH (and prices each year are increasing... this was on top of other college expenses such as room & board, tuition, books.. YUCK). And that doesn't even include "overage" fees if you don't complete the course in the alotted hours you paid for. In other words, I'd find a flight school provided by your local airport to learn. You'll get better attention from your instructor for a fraction of the cost. :)

• 3 weeks later...