Your first bike...was is a 250???

PrincessPratt

Yeah i had a 07 ninja 250. Was actually a great bike to learn on. Not enough power to be stupid but i was able to easily learn all the basics. Was a great first bike. Sto see it go(just got a 600 the other day). You dont want to be doing 125mph before you realize you dont know how to lean it or stop it ya know?

:plus1: I agree same reason for me as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with a 5hp rupp minibike. My first street bike was a 68 honda s90. 89cc of pure power.

There is no right answer.

I suggest buying and inexpensive used 250 to start. That way with the inevitable bumps and bangs that happen when learning don't happen to at 10k bike.

There are guys that learn on liter bikes. but they miss somethings. The working the gears on a low horsepower bike to get were you need to go, understanding the true sweet spot in the power band.

In my book having a liter bike for your first bike is like your first car being a ferrari. As you age you appreciate the Jaguar or Rolls but you have already been to the top of the mountain. Ridden the ton, had more horsepower than you can safely use on the street.

Like I said, there is no right or wrong, I know guys who have done both and done fine.