Ohio Patriot Guard Riders....

cmoosego

None of those wack job aHole's showed up & caused problems at your friend's funeral, did they Moose, that the PG was needed?

If they were I didn't notice.... honestly I had a bunch on my mind, if I had seen one I prolly would be in jail right now.... so thanks for the PGR....:)

That's bad ass! I can't wait to start riding so I can do these kinds of rides! Awesome!! Thanks for posting the link!

You don't have to have a bike. They have people in cages and people that just walk. You don't even have to be a veteran. The only requirement is you support our troops.

I just joined myself. I figured since I'm out of the service, this would be a good way to support them.

Here's a good video about the Patriot Guard Riders, hope you don't mind me posting this Moose.

Edit: I know its over 5mins long, but take the time out to watch it anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G10T_Ih222E

Edited by chevysoldier

You don't have to have a bike. They have people in cages and people that just walk. You don't even have to be a veteran. The only requirement is you support our troops.

I just joined myself. I figured since I'm out of the service, this would be a good way to support them.

Here's a good video about the Patriot Guard Riders, hope you don't mind me posting this Moose.

Edit: I know its over 5mins long, but take the time out to watch it anyways.

YouTube - Tribute to the Patriot Guard Riders

Thanks for the 411~! :)

I looked further into this group and one of the youtube videos mentioned that they give teddy bears to the children of the fallen soldiers but couldn't find any info about it on their website. I would love to be part of this as it sounds like a great opportunity to support our troops and their families!

I've been a PGR member for a little over a year now, and can't think of a more worth while group to be associated with. Though I've never served, I feel priveleged and honored to be allowed to ride with people that have such pride in their country is really just awesome. It really is a powerful thing to see people, civilians especially, take time out of their schedules to honor those who've made the sacrifice to preserve the way of life that so many of us take for granted. I hate that the reason I've met so many people through the PGR involves laying to rest some of the most courageous individuals our society has to offer. It is a heartbreaking mission that the Patriot Guard Riders have taken up, but it is one that too few of us as Americans have taken up. The important thing about the PGR is that your individual politics don't matter. It doesn't matter if you're for or against the fighting in the Middle East, it doesn't matter if you're old, young, male, female, veteran or never served, able-bodied, or handi-capable. The soldiers that defend this country deserve our respect, and the PGR does their best to make sure that every one gets it.

I ride out of respect for those who've done what I could not, to defend the lives of those they'll never know.

I thought some might be interested in this, these guys were at my best friends funeral, I was so impressed with the showing and the support I decided to join.... http://www.ohiopgr.org/index.html

Moose, It was my honor to stand on the flag line on Thursday at the visitation for your friend, Army SPC Greg Missman. I wish I'd have been able to do the "Mission of Honor" at his funeral, but I'm sure that the PGR did him proud. I'm glad you found the website and were able to join. Its a decision I'll never regret.

Here's the link to the main page:

Patriot Guard Riders

Moose, It was my honor to stand on the flag line on Thursday at the visitation for your friend, Army SPC Greg Missman. I wish I'd have been able to do the "Mission of Honor" at his funeral, but I'm sure that the PGR did him proud. I'm glad you found the website and were able to join. Its a decision I'll never regret.

Here's the link to the main page:

Patriot Guard Riders

thanks man... I am so proud of my buddy... And I'm glad you were there... hope to see you again really soon.