Mid-Ohio 2009 - Saturday

Hailwood

Looks good but where are the rest

The rest of the ones that I was really happy with are posted on my SmugMug account.

Here are a couple more that I liked:

Ducati dry clutch.

595365680_EeChC-L.jpg

Turn 1 during the MotoGT race.

595344445_bczzp-L.jpg

Corona Extra Honda coming off the back straight into the Esses.

595376922_y6gEM-L.jpg

1098R with GSX-R1000 hot on his heels.

595375754_jtP9X-L.jpg

Ducati Sport Classic in the Carousel.

595351377_39HZz-L.jpg

Mladin about to brake for the Esses.

595315418_p2Ngh-L.jpg

Nice shots. Wish I could have made it. Front yard regrade and selling a pony got me all tied up.

Where you shooting in Tv? I'd have dropped it down just a hair more if so.

Lensrentals.com is a great tool for someone looking to play before they buy. They're out of Tennessee and have great prices.

Nice shots. Wish I could have made it. Front yard regrade and selling a pony got me all tied up.

Where you shooting in Tv? I'd have dropped it down just a hair more if so.

Lensrentals.com is a great tool for someone looking to play before they buy. They're out of Tennessee and have great prices.

I was shooting full manual, most of the day at 1/800 @ f8.

I knew I wouldn't get the look of nice, slow SS panning, but I wasn't sure how well the IS would really work with my shaky hands, and I wanted sharpness more than I wanted that look.

I tried some panning, but didn't really get any good ones. Here's one at 1/200 that turned out ok:

595361307_BfmD8-XL.jpg

I was shooting full manual, most of the day at 1/800 @ f8.

I knew I wouldn't get the look of nice, slow SS panning, but I wasn't sure how well the IS would really work with my shaky hands, and I wanted sharpness more than I wanted that look.

I tried some panning, but didn't really get any good ones. Here's one at 1/200 that turned out ok:

I always have a hard time with panning, only way I can get it sharp is with a tripod and some luck.

Really good last picture there, I made some adjustments in PS just to see what happens. Brightened it up just a little, adjusted the curves and brightened it up.

I hope you don't mind.

595361307_BfmD8-O_thumb.jpg