This Guys Shifts Better Than You. Period....

jarvismb

Amidst all the leg humping I thought I'd take a break and post something about bikes for a change. Please don't be offended, I promise the little girls will be there when you get back....

In their quest to develop the finest motorcycle engine oils, Castrol have recruited a new test rider – Flossie, the robot. ‘He is invaluable in tests which support our core product benefits such as increased power or increased acceleration,’ say Castrol.

Flossie (who isn’t related to a certain Rossi, as far as we know…) can test any scooter or motorcycle and has a ‘self learning’ mode that allows it to learn a bike’s gear change pattern, clutch feel and throttle response etc.

Castrol claim that Flossie is the ultimate precision rider who never gets tired, isn’t troubled by engine noise at 16,000rpm, doesn’t mind riding in extreme cold or heat… and doesn’t even crave a cold beer and a hamburger after a hard session of testing. And isn’t that just brilliant…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeGhoIFvD-E

Edited by RC51 John

Well sure, if you count a robot as a guy!

I dunno about dream job though. We were at the dyno at Mid-Ohio... that guy must have NO hearing left, no earplugs, just screaming bikes all day long

it couldnt have been much different then camping without earplugs....

Eww no earplugs? That's real smart.

It was bad, I'm normally the super macho, "I don't need no stinking earplugs" ... but after 4 runs I didn't care

This guy was the one running the bikes... no earplugs, chewing gum... he's got to be deaf

Ahhhh.....Enter the next phase of AI & the progression of machines taking over

How long you think before one of these things starts racin' GP & breaks all Rossi's records?!? :nono: