Photos of the bike loaded to go

buildit

Man you guys with you fancy bags and what not. I sport tour on a naked sport bike. with a 24 inch duffel bag(I made it custom by adding some bungy cords) This pic is from a 3700 mile 5 day road trip to Suches Ga. We hit lots of rain on the trip makes for a pretty bike!!

picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=12137

Innovating a solution is always cool. I have done my share of Jed Clampett touring but now that I do tons of it, I opted for something more convenient.

I usually put the bike on its center stand and do the "cowboy" mount. I will still need to buy a trunk for 2-up riding with Isaac. The Givi bags block the passenger pegs. Kind of defeats the purpose. Oh well.. they'll be good for solo touring' date=' at least.[/quote']

That sux, my bags sit perfect and still allow access to the passenger pegs.

Bags on the Bimmer - enough room to carry more shit than I'll ever need...

IMG_1993Large.jpg

I'm replacing the huuuuge panniers with the OEM BMW ones to solve the ground clearance issue in the corners. Big BMW tank bag and a tailpack made by Marssee give a lot of added space for crap...

IMG_2476Large.jpg

IMG_2400Large.jpg

IMG_1998Large2.jpg

Man you guys pack lots of deal when doing roads trips. I fit five days worth of cloths, extra two piece leathers, extra shoes, and my shaving kit with some tools oil and bike stuff in one bag. Lol

Rain suits, cameras and shit like that take up a lot of room. And I ride two up a lot on the trips, so double the shoes, clothes etc. Most are much longer than 5 days as well.

Still, I'm ditching those big ass ammo box panniers for some smaller, sleeker and not so much a wind sail ones.

• 1 month later...
Here is mine as I was set up for a 3900 mile ride in 9 days along the east coast...

SS101090.jpg

Nice setup. BMW makes a nice tourer and if I ever get into long distance travel on a regular basis I'd own one.;)

How did the Magna treat you on the dragon?

And how was that hotel (Two-wheel Inn or something)?

Magna loves twisties....ran it 15.5 minutes due to some inconsiderate cagers and one THP. I think without the luggage, and no obstructions, I could probably get my time down to about 11.75 to 12.5 minutes. I did get distracted once at one of the photo curves and went over the yellow, but was lucky that there was no oncomming at that time. Plus, I would probably take off my aftermarket center stand....hit it a few times in some of the steep dip curves......As far as the two wheel inn..... nice place and cool that you have a lockable garage to put the bike in at night. Bikers only motel and only down side was the lack of eateries in Robbinsville.

Edited by myhondas

• 1 month later...
Nice setup. BMW makes a nice tourer and if I ever get into long distance travel on a regular basis I'd own one.;)

Thanks!

I daily ride mine here in Ohio 11 months out of the year. Its just as good for daily as it is long distance. 61k on the moto now...and 30k in commuting in the last 3 years.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...