@Iron Pony, someone please read

Likwid

Serious guys, fix your website.

On a transactional website you shouldn't have to dive down 15 levels to find out the price AND the size available. Seriously. If you're doing it on purpose then I understand, but if you just don't feel like fixing it you're fucking with my head!

Example. I want a jacket, XXL black. How do I find it?

Click Street > Jackets > Brand > Color > Size (or lack of)

I know most people are going to argue that they may shop on brand and all that jazz but the ultimate driver in a retail world is price. Love it or leave it, price is a driver. Burying it doesn't make sense. Organize your content by Category > Price then add the other stuff as filter or sort content.

that is all

/rant

Edited by Likwid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. I was just on their website as well and thinking, "they really need to hire a web designer, this shit sucks". :lol:

I ended up just going to Competition Accessories website. It's a million times better, and the prices are the same on most everything. Iron Pony's website makes my head hurt with how unorganized it is. Then add to that how slow it is.......

Funny. I was just on their website as well and thinking, "they really need to hire a web designer, this shit sucks". :lol:

I ended up just going to Competition Accessories website. It's a million times better, and the prices are the same on most everything. Iron Pony's website makes my head hurt with how unorganized it is. Then add to that how slow it is.......

yes but due to some customer service issues, i refuse to deal with comp, so untill pony fixes there site, ill just deal with it.

FYI. Online prices are IIRC, 10% less than in store prices.

That 10% is to pay you back for the mental trauma of buying online. :D

Yah seriously. Just make it 5% for a month, give me 5% of that amount and I'll write the requirements for a new setup.

I could probably find some folks to do the development too.... there's no excuse for how lazy they got with their site. Really. Even if it's $ it's just lazy.

anyone ever thought of letting them know?

i mean bitching on an anonymous forum is fun and all- but not exactly effective

http://www.ironpony.com/display.asp?PGID=30

Yes because bitching to their web department will be treated the same way. The goal here is for someone to read it that works for IP and has enough sense to go to their manager and say "Hey, our shit sucks"

Yes because bitching to their web department will be treated the same way. The goal here is for someone to read it that works for IP and has enough sense to go to their manager and say "Hey, our shit sucks"

but the web department can actually do something about it if you offer constructive comments. Instead of

you to boss: "hey your website needs to offer price sorting"

boss to manager: "fix the website organization"

manager to coder: "your shit sucks, fix it"

but the web department can actually do something about it if you offer constructive comments. Instead of

you to boss: "hey your website needs to offer price sorting"

boss to manager: "fix the website organization"

manager to coder: "your shit sucks, fix it"

Either way you look at it, noone spends money on their site until enough people complain OR someone high enough says "do it"

anyone ever thought of letting them know?

i mean bitching on an anonymous forum is fun and all- but not exactly effective

its not really anonymous as several members here work there and sinners brother works there too, i think.

try newenough.com

yes but due to some customer service issues, i refuse to deal with comp, so untill pony fixes there site, ill just deal with it.

compacc.com has pretty much nothing to do with comp except be located in the same building. I ordered the wrong windscreen and had no problems getting it switched out.

(the instore service sux tho and amount of stuff NOT available makes for a huge fail)

I don't care for shopping in store either. Don't get me wrong the service I have received has always been great and they have most anything you will ever need.......if you can find it. I am not sure if it is set up by vendor due to vendor requirements or what, but it is a poor layout. Imagine going to the grocery store to look for ketchup. You come to the isle that has Heinz. You scratch your head and say WTF where is the Hunts? You pull out your handy dandy MAP to find out that the brand you want is on the other side of the store. Umm yeah, screw that. I think it should be layed out by item and then subdivided by style, then price, then brand. Great stuff if you have a day to kill looking for it.

But I should stress, I have always had great friendly service and they do have great pricing on things.

Edited by Whitey1

:plus1::beathorse: Could not agree with you more......and we are working on it. If you ever decide to have website built....don't hire a russian web designer who's wife tries to explain to him what you want.:rulez:

lol......we are currently working with a new company and hope to launch a new website by Jan. 1 2010. In the meantime.....hit me up via email, i would be glad to help anyone out. ctoombs@ironpony.com