@Iron Pony, someone please read

Likwid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. I was just on their website as well and thinking, "they really need to hire a web designer, this shit sucks". :lol:

I ended up just going to Competition Accessories website. It's a million times better, and the prices are the same on most everything. Iron Pony's website makes my head hurt with how unorganized it is. Then add to that how slow it is.......

Keep forgettin' to tell you.......

When I went down there last month to get the front tire changed, I asked the service manager if there was a AAA or Ohio Rider discount, knowing full well the answer to the O.R one, but figuring the more they hear it, maybe they'll finally offer us something

Anyways..... Manager of course says "no" to O.R, butttttttt........

Says they should, as he knows they get a lot of advertising & business from us :)

Thought you'd like to hear that Benji ;)

I don't care for shopping in store either. Don't get me wrong the service I have received has always been great and they have most anything you will ever need.......if you can find it. I am not sure if it is set up by vendor due to vendor requirements or what, but it is a poor layout. Imagine going to the grocery store to look for ketchup. You come to the isle that has Heinz. You scratch your head and say WTF where is the Hunts? You pull out your handy dandy MAP to find out that the brand you want is on the other side of the store. Umm yeah, screw that. I think it should be layed out by item and then subdivided by style, then price, then brand. Great stuff if you have a day to kill looking for it.

But I should stress, I have always had great friendly service and they do have great pricing on things.

You take for granted the fact that you can go to IP and try on MOST brands of gear available out there. Most places only carry 2 or 3 brands of gear and have a very limited selection. IP isn't perfect, but I'd rather deal with some of their issues at the benefit of having so many choices.

You take for granted the fact that you can go to IP and try on MOST brands of gear available out there. Most places only carry 2 or 3 brands of gear and have a very limited selection. IP isn't perfect, but I'd rather deal with some of their issues at the benefit of having so many choices.

Selection is excellent down there.

Just to follow up with what Jester said-we are in a partnership with a web company from outside the industry to roll out a new kickass website by Jan 01 with tons of new features like shop by bike, shop by style, shop by color... all that good stuff that really has never been around in our industry. YOUR FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED! All suggestions are taken seriously-if it can make it easier for you as a customer we would love to hear about it and implement it.

If we are currently "lacking" in the website technology, i can say we definitely make it up with our inventory and customer service. Can you go to a newenough.com retail store and try on that $49.99 jacket you just spent 20 minutes finding on their website-No. MotorcycleSuperstore.com-No. If you see something online, can you have it pulled and waiting for you to pick up at the store - we offer that! You guys are all in Ohio - order it today and have it to your door tomorrow without paying anything extra - we offer that! Sorry for sounding preachy regarding this just trying to shed some light on this from an inside prospective.

Feel free to email nick@ironpony.com

Just to follow up with what Jester said-we are in a partnership with a web company from outside the industry to roll out a new kickass website by Jan 01 with tons of new features like shop by bike, shop by style, shop by color... all that good stuff that really has never been around in our industry. YOUR FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED! All suggestions are taken seriously-if it can make it easier for you as a customer we would love to hear about it and implement it.

If we are currently "lacking" in the website technology, i can say we definitely make it up with our inventory and customer service. Can you go to a newenough.com retail store and try on that $49.99 jacket you just spent 20 minutes finding on their website-No. MotorcycleSuperstore.com-No. If you see something online, can you have it pulled and waiting for you to pick up at the store - we offer that! You guys are all in Ohio - order it today and have it to your door tomorrow without paying anything extra - we offer that! Sorry for sounding preachy regarding this just trying to shed some light on this from an inside prospective.

Can I buy something online and have it waiting for me at the store? But which price will I use? Let's take a single tire, a front Bridgestone BT016 in 120/70ZR17 as an example. Ironpony.com has it for 104.99, which is a good price and on par with just about everyone else. Shopironpony.com has the same tire for 175.95, which as I recall is the same price I saw it for at the store. I fully understand I'll have to pay sales tax for stuff bought online, but why the huge price difference?

I hear you Nick, there is a supreme benefit to your quantity, quality, selection, etc. But your model is faulted. It's ok to have different prices on the web vs B&M because of the maintanence and overhead, but look what it does to consumer confidence.

If you want to get away from a B&M model and move toward online only that's fine, but if that's the case you may as well post it instore saying "our prices are cheaper online", which at that point dillutes your pricing model since now you're capitalizing on a B&M location to drive visits to your website.

Now in terms of the "Where else can you go to the store and try it on?" you're right, that's a huge benefit to having a B&M, but if the price really warrants a $70 difference, why not offer an awesome return/exchange program? Take a look at the Zappos return model, you could easily do free shipping there and back and if it doesn't fit "HEY! Return it!!!".... it'd be cheaper than the $70 you have allocated to your B&M costs.

Now, in terms of your "we've hired someone outside the industry" I hope by "outside the industry" you just mean someone not working in your store... or maybe "not someone who runs a mototrcycle shop"? You should be hiring a good experience/user interaction designer and a good web developer.... note those aren't the same people. You need someone who can work with you to understand your business needs and design a model/interface/design with you, then a developer to implement it.

Web developers usually have very good abilities in terms of model/interface/design but they generally lack the business experience, and particularly the business experience about retail motorcycle parts and accessories sales.

Just saying, my $.02 + a dollar. Take it or leave it, I'll still go to the store to try stuff on then go online to find the best price :)

Use the www.ironpony.com price. The price in the store for that tire is $109.99... but you aren't paying shipping.

I'm pretty sure the in-store price wasn't 109.99. I distincly remember looking to see what the price was, the rear was 190 something and fronts were 170 something. I'll have to look again tonight as I have to get some replacement gear, but if the price is what you say it is I would have had no problem picking them up in-store.

Iron Pony will price match if you talk to the right people, or at least get close to competitors and match their web pricing.

I like having IP around. We are lucky, a lot of places in the country have nothing even close to them. If you can go to a place and have access to try on the gear, why not buy from them even if it takes a bit of haggling to get the price you want?

Enough people start only using them for a closet, they may be gone.

I'm a touch and see person. I want to know exact what I'm getting. I know I can always find a cheaper price online, but as long as they are competitive, I will pay a small premium to see what I'm getting and pick it up.

I always have good luck with customer service there as well.

Their website does suck though, hopefully this new one is better. The search crashes almost every time I use it.

Competition in Springfield is nice, I like how it's organized and maybe it's just me, but I thought the customer service there was real good. A cute girl helped me for a long time while I tried on helmets, can't beat that. :) Not real convenient to Cbus like IP is though. From what I could see, pricing was decent.

Edited by Artmageddon

Cheech - the price for a BT016 120/70zr-17 front is for sure $109.99 - rear 180/55zr-17 is $147.99 or the rear 190/50zr-17 is $165.99

Well then I'm not going to argue, and I should have picked them up in store with the price difference I ended up paying for them. I'll be there in about a hour to make up for it, need to pick up a jacket and possibly a new helmet. ;)

Iron Pony will price match if you talk to the right people, or at least get close to competitors and match their web pricing.

I like having IP around. We are lucky, a lot of places in the country have nothing even close to them. If you can go to a place and have access to try on the gear, why not buy from them even if it takes a bit of haggling to get the price you want?

Enough people start only using them for a closet, they be gone.

I'm a touch and see person. I want to know exact what I'm getting. I know I can always find a cheaper price online, but as long as they are competitive, I will pay a small premium to see what I'm getting and pick it up.

I always have good luck with customer service there as well.

Their website does suck though, hopefully this new one is better. The search crashes almost every time I use it.

Competition in Springfield is nice, I like how it's organized and maybe it's just me, but I thought the customer service there was real good. A cute girl helped me for a long time while I tried on helmets, can't beat that. :) Not real convenient to Cbus like IP is though. From what I could see, pricing was decent.

Agreed.

All of that's true Nick....... IF you live in Columbus. Otherwise...... Your website & it's structure is all people have to judge you by, as they'll probably never make it into the actual store, and the "you can try it before buy it" argument becomes moot

Plus.....I'm just gonna say........ As much free "word of mouth" advertising as I.P gets on here....... I really think a piddly $100 sponsorship for a company that size has already paid for itself many times over, & is a long overdue "goodwill gesture" to Ben & the membership

Ben could start being more hardlined about the advertising policy at any time out of respect to those sponsors who have felt the $100 was a worthwhile investment to partner with us

Edited by Fonzie

As much free "word of mouth" advertising as I.P gets on here....... I really think a piddly $100 sponsorship for a company that size has already paid for itself many times over, & is a long overdue "goodwill gesture" to Ben & the membership

Ben could start being more hardlined about the advertising policy at any time out of respect to those sponsors who have felt the $100 was a worthwhile investment to partner with us

:plus1:

All of that's true Nick....... IF you live in Columbus. Otherwise...... Your website & it's structure is all people have to judge you by, as they'll probably never make it into the actual store, and the "you can try it before buy it" argument becomes moot

Plus.....I'm just gonna say........ As much free "word of mouth" advertising as I.P gets on here....... I really think a piddly $100 sponsorship for a company that size has already paid for itself many times over, & is a long overdue "goodwill gesture" to Ben & the membership

+1, but why buy the sheep if you can get the sex for free?

that's a big :plus1: especially seeing as many of us have spent $1000's over the years.

Nick's a stand-up guy, and wound up getting a Scorpion Stinger jacket, A* replacement back protector, and a tail bag that I'm not sure if it fits. And before anyone asks, no, I didn't get "friend" pricing. :)

Iron Pony rocks.

So Pony up and be a sponsor. :D

I'm there all the time. And I do buy alot of chit there. As it's 2 miles from my house it's a big reason why I actually bought a bike and got into the sport. Glad you're upgrading your site.

Iron Pony rocks.

So Pony up and be a sponsor. :D

I'm there all the time. And I do buy alot of chit there. As it's 2 miles from my house it's a big reason why I actually bought a bike and got into the sport. Glad you're upgrading your site.

I just dropped five hundy, so I know they gots the money... :)