Northeast group ride 400 mile loop 08-02-09

Uncle Punk

I highly doubt I'm even close...most bikes are setup for 160lb. midgets. I do want to get all of that squared away but I'm not savvy enough on suspensions. I did have some base settings somewhere from someone very close to my weight.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this tattoo going on your lower back or around the bicep ?? :D

I hate all of you.. except UP and Inya.. the rest of you are officially tattooed on my 'don't take seriously when bikes are at issue' shit list. And Justin' date=' drop the psi. You're killing me over here. Only an engineer would listen to another engineer about what kind of tire pressure to run on a bike. :nono:[/quote']

I hate all of you.. except UP and Inya.. the rest of you are officially tattooed on my 'don't take seriously when bikes are at issue' shit list. And Justin' date=' drop the psi. You're killing me over here. Only an engineer would listen to another engineer about what kind of tire pressure to run on a bike. :nono:[/quote']

:lol: @ only and engineer would listen to another engineer...

I mean, I'm not proud of the fact I don't have it setup properly (suspension/psi). Though, I like my psi setting, I've never had any issues filling it to whatever the swingarm says for a single rider... but maybe that's why I can't ride like UP either?

I really WANT to get my suspension setup, but I don't have the tools or anyone around to help me that can meet my schedule. I'm sure Inya or r1 or UP would help if I asked, but I don't need to be inconveniencing anyone. r1 already spent an entire day helping me change two flippin' tires.

I do know the previous owner messed with the suspension on the SV because I found a notepad with the settings he tried in the manual. I'll get around to it eventually. :D

Looks like Me & CJ are gonna be riding with Patrick and John.... I think that we are going to just ride a bit more mellow and put together a ride that is a bit shorter. We have a dual sport ride the following weekend and don't want to be gone all day this weekend.

We'll be doing this next weekend with UnclePunk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HKiQ_Npcg

And I guess you can see why I said that a bit of gravel on the road didn't bother me last weekend;) Thats me out front on my old 625SXC

Must remember that a motorcycle has a rear brake. I never touch the rear brake on my street bike; my track bike's rear brake didn't even work most of last year. The last time I rode off road I kept falling down going boom because of this habit. No one will be taking video will they?

I can see how riding with your two Harley buddies will be more fun.

Must remember that a motorcycle has a rear brake.

And to fuck you up even more..... Remember that the 250 has a Rekluse clutch and the rear brake is where the clutch normally resides. I guess if I was able to master the reverse shift pattern of your 600 you should be able to figure out a left hand rear brake

And besides it's not that you DON'T use front brake.... I use mine plenty... Ya just gotta beeeee.... SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH:cool: