The free bike is found a home.

Lost1888

Aright so I got this bike from my wife's coworkers son. It has been sitting for 3 years in a barn. This 82 Kawi KZ 750 it in need of some help bad. Should make for something to do for the next couple years. I'm in no rush and being it cost $20 for gas to get it to my house it's a heck of a bargain.

Gas tank is coming of tomorrow to get rid of the vandalism. It has compression and no battery. There is many other things it will need along the way. To be expected.

So here it is and let me know your thoughts on what I should do with it.grin.gif

100_41832.jpg

100_41842.jpg

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...0Kawi%20KZ750/

zx6r front end

320 rear tire

stretched and lowered

polish everything

brocks sidewinder pipe

and put a tv on it

:wtf: 320 rear tire is not going to happen.

:eek: Stretched is not going to happen.

I think it going to end up black with a dark metalic silver racing stripe. But that's down the road, way down the road.

:wtf: 320 rear tire is not going to happen.

:eek: Stretched is not going to happen.

I think it going to end up black with a dark metalic silver racing stripe. But that's down the road, way down the road.

haha. I saw no objection to the TV.

Should be a good project..

I'm not stretching it! After standing there looking at it I would have to say bobber it would be fun. Single side swing arm and upgraded forks if possible. With out a doubt I'm going to change my mind on certain things along the way.

First thing is getting it started and running. After looking it over I think it should with some help. It has oil in it and it's dark. I'm going to drain that and refill, plugs, battery, test the connections, clean the carbs, just get it started.

After that strip it down and research what has been done and what I want to do with it. This winter and really the next couple years I expect to have it where I want. I'm in no rush. It's not a priority right now. Kids off school for summer, being out of work, and riding when I get the chance the KZ is going to wait till snow flys.

Plus my 13 year old broke his arm today. So the next couple days are going to be wrapped up with doctors.

Well I tore into it some changed the oil and took the carbs off for a cleaning. It looks like this shouldn't be to rough getting it stated. Little by little it will get going.

Updated pics. http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mdnd777/82%20Kawi%20KZ750/

Well I tore into it some changed the oil and took the carbs off for a cleaning. It looks like this shouldn't be to rough getting it stated. Little by little it will get going.

Updated pics. http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mdnd777/82%20Kawi%20KZ750/

Holy shit! Already looks like a totally different bike. That just from cleaning...?

Holy shit! Already looks like a totally different bike. That just from cleaning...?

Last night I soaked the whole thing down with PB and WD let it sit. Sprayed degreaser this morning and washed it off. Then some more WD. With the ugly ass tank off and being wet it looks like it has some potential.

Last night I soaked the whole thing down with PB and WD let it sit. Sprayed degreaser this morning and washed it off. Then some more WD. With the ugly ass tank off and being wet it looks like it has some potential.

Scrub a dub dub! You've got a lot off surface rust to get rid of.

Looks like you'll be needing a chain too.

While your at it get a new halogen headlight for it (ebay $25)

Get a manual for it, your going to be doing some wiring work on it for sure.

A schematic makes it so much easier to figure out what is going on.

The low mileage makes it smell of neglect not abuse.

I'll bet this cleans up pretty well. Should look great when your done! :)