Looking for liter bike recomendations

Wheezle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um.. if you got first place you'd hold the high school record. You're still a loser. It's ok.. we still like you but I want to make sure you know where you stand in the group... BEHIND THE WINNARS

I was in middle school so I got the middle school record.

Well' date=' maybe you should say that next time, Frosh!

You get rep for being a fast little shit! Winnar! :p[/quote']

thanks. I was going to get it in High School but I tore both my achilles. lol. I cant run at all now but when I do It hurts like hell. They said I worked my legs too hard when I was in middle school.

I just got the new R1 in May and I love it. It has more than enough power and the torque is out of this world. If you are a big guy you should go with a big bike. The 600's are not bad but there is nothing like 1000cc's. By the way I will race your 600 in a straight line any day!

You do know the world isn't straight everywhere, right? :rolleyes:

:nono: When would you like to line them up?

I can tell you guys are all about bigger is better... If you ride a 600 and can ride faster on a 1000, you aren't doing it right. There are VERY , VERY few people in this world who can ride a liter bike fast and in control with enough left over ability in case shit gets ugly.

I understand the commuting idea as the liter bike doesn't need revved so much and dancing on the shifter, but to get into a dick waving contest is pretty stupid. Drag racing? Sure, liter bike. But even so, a guy with serious drag skills and a guy with average skills can result in different results. But hey, like I stated earlier, the world ain't straight as an arrow and curves and related throw a monkey wrench into the game...

The point is that a bike isn't all about power. Any day anyone wants to see what a 600 can do against a liter bike, I will be glad to show you some real world results. The fact of the matter is that you cannot ride a 1000 as fast as you can ride a 600. Why? Because if you ride as fast as you can on a 600, the 1000 will probably hand you your ass.

Meaning, ride a 600 hard and then do the same thing with the liter bike. You'll be on your ass. They are a ton of work and require a lot different skill set than one thinks. For all the guys that think they could go as fast as a guy on a liter bike due to the power, they simply do not get it. The amount of effort and skill set required to run as fast on a 1000 and be what, a BIT faster than a 600 is MUCHO higher than you all think...

But, what do I know? I have a liter bike...:rolleyes:

I can tell you guys are all about bigger is better... If you ride a 600 and can ride faster on a 1000, you aren't doing it right. There are VERY , VERY few people in this world who can ride a liter bike fast and in control with enough left over ability in case shit gets ugly.

I understand the commuting idea as the liter bike doesn't need revved so much and dancing on the shifter, but to get into a dick waving contest is pretty stupid. Drag racing? Sure, liter bike. But even so, a guy with serious drag skills and a guy with average skills can result in different results. But hey, like I stated earlier, the world ain't straight as an arrow and curves and related throw a monkey wrench into the game...

The point is that a bike isn't all about power. Any day anyone wants to see what a 600 can do against a liter bike, I will be glad to show you some real world results. The fact of the matter is that you cannot ride a 1000 as fast as you can ride a 600. Why? Because if you ride as fast as you can on a 600, the 1000 will probably hand you your ass.

Meaning, ride a 600 hard and then do the same thing with the liter bike. You'll be on your ass. They are a ton of work and require a lot different skill set than one thinks. For all the guys that think they could go as fast as a guy on a liter bike due to the power, they simply do not get it. The amount of effort and skill set required to run as fast on a 1000 and be what, a BIT faster than a 600 is MUCHO higher than you all think...

But, what do I know? I have a liter bike...:rolleyes:

AMEN:rulez:

I passed a four year old on a big wheel the other day, I was pretty proud of myself. :)

Just figured I would throw that out in this dick measuring contest. I'm the winnar!!

Lance, a 750 Spirit and 600 sportbike are not even in the same ballpark as far as speed, handling and power go. You know that.

I dont want smaller bikes I would like to go bigger. I have a desire to ride 1000 and one day I will. That and I like the feel of a bigger bike.

Then you'll want a Busa or ZX14 as the new 1000s (GSXR, ZX10, and CBR) liter bikes feel and are almost as small as the 600s...

In my opinion, it is simply a matter of what fits you. You ask what oil is the best to 15 people, you'll get 15 different answers. Same with tires and bikes... Go to a shop, sit on them, get a feel, ride a few and decide...

Internet people are no place to ask. Everyone with a liter bike is gonna say their bike is the best...

My opinion is that the R1 is a good idea. It is still bigger and the motor is great for street use. Good seat for passengers, as well.

By the way, none of my opinions are solely track oriented. None.

Your right. I have not even begun to reach 80% of the power that the new R1 has. I was just playin around. I agree that you have to sit and feel what bike is right for you. Then go by what you think looks the best. Most of the people who ride are never going to race their bike for more than stop light to stop light.