So I tried to buy a car...

Speed

actually that's one of the oldest tricks in the book to get you to pay more than their asking price.

all wheeler dealer lots will do this.

that's why you shouldn't waste your time with them. go to a reputable dealer lot.

I came back from a test drive once and they tried to tell me some old guy wanted the car and offered them an extra $2k and said he would sell it to me for $2,001 extra. I just laughed and handed him the keys and left.

You guys rock !

The XT is the WRX version of the Forester and it is a pain in the ass to find. I may have found one. One that I'll like better, but costs a bit more. Pics and story time if I get it.

Another tidbit if anyone had doubts about their business practices...

I asked both the owner and the sales manager about the condition of the car. Had they drove it, any problems etc.... I specifically asked about brakes, transmission, clutch - not so much because they were deal breakers - but because I would have to drive this thing 200 miles home.

Both of them said they drove it, that it drove great - both said that the brakes were good, in fact they said the fronts had been replaced. When I drove it, the front brakes were terrible - the front end shook under anything but the lightest braking. Were it my car, I wouldn't have let anyone drive it; it was that bad.

Thanks for sharing your similar stories about that dealer !

Yea true...Heck If I had cash and someone was drivin it, then Id try and buy it first..How many people do you think they get in a day that just drive cars just to drive them??? 20? probably... They probably get tired of the test drives...If someone walks in with cash, they will jump on it.

not anymore cash talks.now they rather finance make more money this way.my friend want buy cash H2 ,they sell the car somebodyelse for less on finance.

not anymore cash talks.now they rather finance make more money this way.my friend want buy cash H2 ,they sell the car somebodyelse for less on finance.

I guess i mis wrote...I didn't mean "cash" i mean...if someone walks in willing to sign, that is better than "another test drive"

• 10 months later...

i think he should ve called you to let you know you either get your ass back and buy it or lose it

Here's the story:

I had a disappointing experience with THIS car dealer near Cleveland.

I saw an ad posted by KDK Auto Brokers on AutoTrader.com for a vehicle.

I called the number listed in the ad and spoke to a gentleman who indicated that he was the owner. He said that the car was still available and described its condition.

I explained that I had to travel nearly 200 miles (1 way) to view the car and did not want to make an unnecessary trip. I suggested calling at the end of their business day to verify that the car had not been sold and then arriving when they opened the following day. The owner agreed that this was a good plan.

I again spoke with the owner after they had closed for the day and he indicated that the car had not sold and was still available. I arrived at the dealer the following morning and was greeted by a gentleman who said he was the sales manager. He showed the car to me, said it was still available, and handed me the keys for a test drive.

When I returned from the test drive the sales manager said that he had some bad news. He had sold the car while I was out on the test drive.

I called the owner the following day to ask his opinion on selling a car to another customer while one was out on a test drive. He indicated that it 'happened all the time' and that it 'wouldn't be fair' for a customer to have to wait to buy a car while another customer was out testing the car.

Thoughts ? :popcorn:

i think he should ve called you to let you know you either get your ass back and buy it or lose it

:wtf: Another gravedigger? Thread is nearing a year old, let it die a respectful death. Add on top that it was over a stupid Subaru, and you just turned it into the failboat.