So I tried to buy a car...

Speed

Here's the story:

I had a disappointing experience with THIS car dealer near Cleveland.

I saw an ad posted by KDK Auto Brokers on AutoTrader.com for a vehicle.

I called the number listed in the ad and spoke to a gentleman who indicated that he was the owner. He said that the car was still available and described its condition.

I explained that I had to travel nearly 200 miles (1 way) to view the car and did not want to make an unnecessary trip. I suggested calling at the end of their business day to verify that the car had not been sold and then arriving when they opened the following day. The owner agreed that this was a good plan.

I again spoke with the owner after they had closed for the day and he indicated that the car had not sold and was still available. I arrived at the dealer the following morning and was greeted by a gentleman who said he was the sales manager. He showed the car to me, said it was still available, and handed me the keys for a test drive.

When I returned from the test drive the sales manager said that he had some bad news. He had sold the car while I was out on the test drive.

I called the owner the following day to ask his opinion on selling a car to another customer while one was out on a test drive. He indicated that it 'happened all the time' and that it 'wouldn't be fair' for a customer to have to wait to buy a car while another customer was out testing the car.

Thoughts ? :popcorn:

Yea true...Heck If I had cash and someone was drivin it, then Id try and buy it first..How many people do you think they get in a day that just drive cars just to drive them??? 20? probably... They probably get tired of the test drives...If someone walks in with cash, they will jump on it.

That place sucks, I went up there when they first opened planning on trading in my truck, they said they would give me $500 for my truck, kelly blue book trade in value is between $2000 and $2500 but i just wanted another vehicle so i told them i would take $1500 they came back with $600, I told them to fuck off and left.

That place sucks, I went up there when they first opened planning on trading in my truck, they said they would give me $500 for my truck, kelly blue book trade in value is between $2000 and $2500 but i just wanted another vehicle so i told them i would take $1500 they came back with $600, I told them to fuck off and left.

Nice.

I would have taken a very fun test drive!

thank your lucky stars for the missed "opportunity" and find yourself an 04' WRX wagon instead. and get stick shift, or we'll curb stomp your nuts.

although, now that i think about it, there is a forester that is like a "sport" model that has the wrx engine. hard to find those though, from what i remember. lol, so we're already on the same page.

Edited by jbot

I had a similar experience with them when they offered me exactly half of what my car blue booked for a couple months ago when I was going to trade it in on a Vette. They were of no help, I knew more about cars than they did and on top of it the sales guy was a rather huge douche

i think it's messed up. and i know how you feel.. i've had a car sold out from underneath me, when i was about to go sign papers for it.

+1

Me too. I look back on that day and think how fortunate I was not to have gotten that car. It was back in my really poor $7 an hour days and I was looking at a used Ford Taurus. They sold it out from under me. I went to another dealership and bought a Mitsubishi Mirage that was honestly the best car I ever owned!

Only expenses on that car were tires (the cheap small ones that you could get a set for $100), oil changes, and brakes.

I actually cried when I sold it off to a friend.

Now I've got my Protege 5' and it hella expensive in tires. Darn low profile mofos!