Short notice...8/8 ride leaving shortly...

SWing'R

Sorry bout the short notice but I'm gonna head out shortly, probably within the hour or so and take a ride down around Chillicothe, wanna ride thru Tar Hollow State Park.

Looking at a map now, not gonna be out all day, just a couple hours or so, anyone wanna go send me a pm, I'll keep checking before I take off.

So here is my planned ride...

- 62 out of Columbus to Mount Sterling

- 56 to Circleville

- 56 to Laurelville to 180 to 327

- 327 south to Tar Hallow

- TWP Rd 268A to N. Ridge Rd

- N. Ridge to S. Ridge

- Lipscomb Hollow to Park Rd 39 back to 327

- 327 to 50

- 50W to 35W to 104N back to Columbus

Like I said, I know it was short notice but I'm gettin ready to head out the door. Haven't got any takers so guess I'm goin this one alone.

If anyone last minute takers change their mind I'll keep my cell on until I get out of the Columbus area, its 614-XXX-XXXX, most likely won't be able to answer it but if I hear it ring I'll stop and call ya back.

Edited by SWing'R
Removed my cell #, limited time offer on the digits!

Well, I just got home a little while ago, rode this by myself. Was nice ride except for an incident at the gas station in Circleville while topping off the tank, I was looking up at the readout while it was fueling and thought to myself, wow, didn't think I needed that much gas, turn my head back towards the bike and gas is flowing out of the top of my tank and running down all sides of it right into the core of the bike, right on the HOT engine! My first instinct was to let go of the handle and jump back as I expected the damn bike to burst into flames! It didn't. I then went inside and yelled at the attendant cause his damn nozzle didn't stop or make any click or anything (I know, my fault for not actually watching the gas go in as I pumped, I will from now on). So then after a short detour to the nearest quarter car wash I was back on the road.

So the next problem, got lost as shit in Tar Hollow park while realizing that the roads (I use that term loosely) are pretty crappy and not exactly regulation width! They were paved but pretty old crappy asphalt only wide enough for a car and bike side by side which is fine except when going around all the blind curves thru the park knowing that a car might be hogging the lane coming the other way!

The park/forest was pretty dense and the ride thru was nice, the trees are fricken huge there!

Even though I got lost in the park I managed to find my way out and end up at exactly where I had planned on the South side of the park and back on 327.

I couldn't get a pic of the sign coming in cause I had some guy on my ass pulling in but heres a couple other shots I took...

TarHollowSP_2009-08-08a.jpg

TarHollowSP_2009-08-08b.jpg

TarHollowSP_2009-08-08c.jpg

I would have joined in as well, but my battery was completely dead. I was so ticked!! I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to her for a few weeks. I live in Circleville so that would have been a decent little trip. At least I would have been riding.

looks sweet. I was thinking about headin that way tomorrow. BTW Holla at me for a Fender eliminator :)

You know everyone says that, take that fender off, yada yada. Well if everyone has theres off and I take mine off

then I'll just look like everyone else! For now I'm leavin it but will keep your site in mind. Thanks.