Passenger killed on bike cleveland 8/10

twisted12

Woman dies in crash after Brook Park police chase motorcycle into Cleveland

Posted by Plain Dealer staff August 10, 2009 06:52AM

Categories: Death, Traffic fatality

CLEVELAND -- A woman died early this morning when Brook Park police chased a motorcycle into Cleveland, where it crashed on Warren Road, Cleveland police say.

Cleveland Lt. Tom Stacho, the department's spokesman, said no names were available. The crash occurred at 3687 Warren Road., between Lorain and Triskett roads, at 2:37 a.m. today. He said the bike was driven by a man and that the dead woman was a passenger. She was pronounced dead at Fairview Hospital, while the man is being treated at MetroHealth Medical Center.

Stacho said no Cleveland Police units were involved in the pursuit, but the city accident investigation unit is investigating.

While this is an unfortunate story, the following quote made me chuckle...

Stacho said no Cleveland Police units were involved in the pursuit, but the city accident investigation unit is investigating.

investigation unit: investigating...

news redundancy unit: being redundant...

Edited by magley64

Of course the police should give chase.. that's what we pay them to do. If an idiot on a bike dies I can't feel sorry for them.

Problem with that is that the one that dies was not in control of her own fate.

I am sure she didnt want to be there when the cahse started....but ya just cant "Get Off" the ride at that point.

I am sure she didnt want to be there when the cahse started....but ya just cant "Get Off" the ride at that point.

I wonder her chances if she "tucked and rolled"... probably didn't have gear of course. With gear, I'd say ditching off the back around a low speed turn or something would be the best bet

She's not completely innocent...but her error in judgement on who to ride with cost her...

While this is an unfortunate story, the following quote made me chuckle...

investigation unit: investigating...

news redundancy unit: being redundant...

You should report that immediately to the Department of Redundancy Department. Right way.

In other news, RIP passenger lady. I won't jump on my "don't ride backpack!!!" soapbox, doesn't seem appropriate at the moment.

Choosing to ride with a fuckstick loser (who I'm gonna predict was drunk, no ops, probably with warrants) has a fairly predictable outcome - jail, crashing, and / or the hospital.

If you, as a potential passenger, are to stupid to figure that out in advance of the police chase, you get what ya got coming.

It kills me to see these girls all the time on the back with no gear. Obviously the driver should have on gear too but the passengers are putting their lives in the hands of these guys who more often than not ride without thinking about anyone else. The driver is responsible for the passenger and if they really cared about that person they would insist on gear.

...stepping off soap box now

it kills me to see these girls all the time on the back with no gear. Obviously the driver should have on gear too but the passengers are putting their lives in the hands of these guys who more often than not ride without thinking about anyone else. The driver is responsible for the passenger and if they really cared about that person they would insist on gear.

qft

It kills me to see these girls all the time on the back with no gear. Obviously the driver should have on gear too but the passengers are putting their lives in the hands of these guys who more often than not ride without thinking about anyone else. The driver is responsible for the passenger and if they really cared about that person they would insist on gear.

my gf used to get mad at me for not letting her ride unless she put her gear on. but now she wont ride with out it, and is like me she dont understand why anyone would wanna ride without either. after cdubs wreck i think she realized how improtant it was.

I don't see how anyone can ride with a passenger in the first place. That sucks so bad.. I would rather take the car than 2-up on the bike. (and I hate driving my car.. there's no way to block out her mouth)

i ride two up alot. i just know when i leave i cant be in the mind set to blast.