I've been out... but I'm back!

OsuMj

I thought I would share a story, its mildly entertaining to me...

I was supposed to be in Myrtle beach this weekend, but Thursday, pain and fever struck. I ended up in the ER waiting room by 8:30PM, and finally taken to a room by 12:15PM. The entire time I was waiting, I was folded over in pain and had a fever of at least 100.9. They ran some tests, decided I had a 5mm kidney stone, a severe kidney infection caused by the kidney stone, and they were pretty confident I had a blood infection too because the kidney stone was blocking everything. Suck. So over the next 48 hours, I have pain, fever (up to 102), ridiculously low blood pressures (as low as 70/42), surgery, and so many bags of fluid pumped into me, I couldn't begin to guess a number.

The "interesting" part. While I was under anesthesia, I had a dream I was riding my motorcycle. Then suddenly, I wake up in the OR. If that doesn't scare the shit outta ya, I don't know what does. Although, waking up from surgery thinking you crashed in a motorcycle accident is not favorable, it does bring you out quickly, so I think I'm thankful for it.

Anyway, I'm home now, 18lbs heavier than when I left for the ER (damn fluids), my kidney hurts, and I have to wear boys shorts bc I don't fit into any of my own clothing. lol.

So in general, sorry to the people who I told I would show up to the bike nights, then didn't... hope you can forgive me... if not, I don't like you anyway.

:D

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another excuse to flake, it's always something....

j/k :D Glad you're doing ok, that doesn't really sound like a way I'd like to spend a weekend. I dunno what kidney stones feel like, but if it's anything similar to having your appendix rupture, I feel for you.

Get well soon, get back on your steel horse and come hang out!

Glad you're back intact, Michele. Take it easy for a while, heh? We want you healthy again. Yes, we missed you.

Kidney and blood infections are not a joke, so I'm really glad you had the smarts to go to the ER, and not just go home and try to sleep.

In Germany it is very common to wear a so called "Nierengurt" in English "Kidney-belt".

As some of you know the Kidney is located by your lower back just under the skin. And the purpose of the Nierengurt is to protect the kidney from sub cooling (causes kidney infection) and also support your guts from bouncing/ shifting around if you hit these nasty put holes in the road and vertical accelerations.

What strikes me that there is not much discussion about these belt's. I found THIS article that describes it more in detail.

:) Yeah, I'm out of the hospital and semi-mobile. I walk like a 95 year old bc all my joints are stiff from the bloating, and my kidney hurts like a mofo... but other than that, just trying to keep the liquids coming and the fever down.

I have them sumbitches about every 6 months or so, Mine are calcium stones and over the years I have learned to stay away from mountain dew and energy drinks why I don't now but thats when I seem to get them......Now for those who want to know what it feels like to have a kidney stone it like this..being kicked in the nuts about 5 or 6 times in a row and being punched in the lower back at the same time..They hurt like a muddererf!@#er...

anyways hope you feel better MJ I feel ur pain.

I have them sumbitches about every 6 months or so, Mine are calcium stones and over the years I have learned to stay away from mountain dew and energy drinks why I don't now but thats when I seem to get them......Now for those who want to know what it feels like to have a kidney stone it like this..being kicked in the nuts about 5 or 6 times in a row and being punched in the lower back at the same time..They hurt like a muddererf!@#er...

anyways hope you feel better MJ I feel ur pain.

mj dont have no nuts tho :confused: