riding group?

jermattak

wow looks like the cinci forum is pretty dead, im lookin for a riding group, anyone in a good active one? see my intro thread

There's group rides posted on here at times, mostly in C'bus.... Post one up in your area's section... Hell, this post might prompt something...

haha, i wish, i love columbus...but im going to cincinnati state this fall, i got alot on my plate right now, but ill prolly take aride up there sometime, know a good road to get there? i hate the highway, rather have 2 hours of twisties

I lived in Sycamore land, near the edge of Mason. I've taken 22 to 62 and that dumps you back at 71 near Grove City. I take it sometimes, just because it's a more entertaining drive than 71 for 1.5 hours. It takes a smidge longer, but nothing major. Since you'd be coming from the West side, you'd probably want to pick up the highway for a bit, jump off on a back road, then pop back on for a little variety. For you, it could also work to take 4 to 63 to 42...maybe? Those are my guesses.

Guest MotoGP Tix

Yea let me know if you find a kewl group..

I know UC has a riding group, but I dont know if you have to be going there or what...

Id like to get a huge master list of all the riding groups / forums around the state.

Tell you what mate, I'll give you a huge stack of Ohio Riders cards to hand out if you're interested. Then you can get more Cinci riders on here, thus put together a group ride of your own. Let me know. I'll bring the cards down to you.

how good of a rider are you? I'm not trying to be a jerk but there is a bunch of great roads south of the river.

I only ask because they are not something for new riders. plus we end up pretty far away.

these are country back roads with little traffic and posted 55mph speedlimits. but the roads can be tough for a newer rider to navigate safely at those speeds.

I've seen probably 20 wrecks over 4 years.

how good of a rider are you? I'm not trying to be a jerk but there is a bunch of great roads south of the river.

I only ask because they are not something for new riders. plus we end up pretty far away.

these are country back roads with little traffic and posted 55mph speedlimits. but the roads can be tough for a newer rider to navigate safely at those speeds.

why cant you just ride slower? i rode hocking hills a couple of weeks after i started riding/got my bike. i think i might have even set a speed record or two...

funny you should mention, i spent 7 hours riding in kentucky today, went on alot of back roads out in the sticks, some as wide as bike trails, very twisty, i was about to post somethin saying how awesome ky was...but im a pretty good rider, i get out in the twisties everyday, been riding since march, but have well over 5000 miles under my belt (i ride alot!) mostly backroad trips, ive learned from very experienced riders w/10-30 years experience.

why cant you just ride slower? i rode hocking hills a couple of weeks after i started riding/got my bike. i think i might have even set a speed record or two...

well you can. .

some of us like a faster pace and the new guys want to try and keep up. but they don't have too and we tell them this. we always wait for slower riders at stop signs and turns etc. we think higher of guys that ride their own skill level and play it safe. one or two of us will do a wheelie or two here and there. but we are not hooligans etc..

jermattak, we always welcome a new face to ride with us.

we ride every sunday. weather permitting. but we don't always take the good roads. since some of us has been riding down there for 10 years, they like to shake it up sometimes.

if you are interested pm me. I'll give you the details. or anyone for that matter.:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Dayton and never have a problem finding someone to ride with. Since your in Mason, right smack inbetween Dayton and Cincy, your more than welcome to come ride with us anytime. I'll start posting group rides on here so some of you new guys can join us.

Are you f-ing kidding me. ride slower??? how bout you just get a faster bike! how bout everyone just takes a break until you catch up from your joy ride.