Lost on Sunday KY ride!

AfroCBR

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't listen to that it's wrong.

1504 runs along 62, nothing comes off of or onto 1504, you start from 62 you end at 62.

You make a left at 165 from 10/19, take it to 62 and then get on 1504.

Sorry I couldnt help you with directions Darius, but when you called me I had just unloaded my bike from the truck, and with the landmarks you gave me I had no idea where you were.

thank you mr google maps. i knew if i had been wrong about route numbers, youd be sure to chime in

thank you mr google maps. i knew if i had been wrong about route numbers, youd be sure to chime in

I rode around half of a week with the route written on my gas tank, its stored in my phone, I'd have wrote it on my palm but I'm sure I'd have just rubbed it off.....anyways, yes, I know the route.

how about someone print off some maps and give them to the new guys next time.

there seems to be a misunderstanding of how a group ride should be. there should really be a guy at the tail end of the group that gives the head of the group a thumbs up for everyone is here, proceed. and the beginner guy/s should wait for everyone before jetting off. even if you turn off the main road, someone should sit out as close to the main road as possible so everyone sees where to turn.

group rides are pretty great but everyone needs to be on the same page. LOL everyone hates to take the leadership roll but it really needs to be done for a ride to work properly and so everyone has a great ride.

Edited by serpentracer

how about someone print off some maps and give them to the new guys next time.

there seems to be a misunderstanding of how a group ride should be. there should really be a guy at the tail end of the group that gives the head of the group a thumbs up for everyone is here, proceed. and the beginner guy/s should wait for everyone before jetting off. even if you turn off the main road, someone should sit out as close to the main road as possible so everyone sees where to turn.

group rides are pretty great but everyone needs to be on the same page. LOL everyone hates to take the leadership roll but it really needs to be done for a ride to work properly and so everyone has a great ride.

^^^^well said

Here's my map for when I visit. I taped them to my gas tank. All I did was went to google and made my own route from google maps starting from the gas station. It's simple if you can just type in maps.google.com. Make a starting point and then find all the twisty roads on the map and make a route with them. That's all I did and xtremef4i and I had a blast.

Numbers are off because I deleted how to get there.

START:

3. Turn right at KY-915/Licking Pike 7.0 mi

4. Turn left at KY-10/W State Route 10

Continue to follow KY-10 21.5 mi

5. Turn left to stay on KY-10 12.2 mi

6. Turn left at KY-10/Powersville Willow Rd 2.1 mi

7. Turn right at KY-19/Powersville Harrison Co Rd 0.9 mi

8. Turn left at KY-165/Old Oakland Rd

Continue to follow KY-165 10.3 mi

9. Turn right at US-62/Walnut St

Continue to follow US-62 1.0 mi

10. Turn right at KY-1504 3.9 mi