Gahanna Cop Got Fired For doing 149mph

Fatbikez

Im sure most of you already heard about the OSP and gahanna Cop who got pulled over a few months back for doing 149 on i-70

anyway heres the article. The Gahanna one got tired, OSP guy got spared.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/08/24/trooperweb.html?sid=101

The trooper only got a 5 day suspension, unpaid (surprising there!) HIS BOSS wanted him let go, but the union saved his ass. Sorry union dudes, but you do the crime, take the punishment! I could see if they were wrongfully trying to fire him, but in the end of it all, he ADMITTED to being guilty. This stuff is what gives unions a bad rap.

I'm sure the fact that he was on disability for a back injury played into the decision as well. I heard that the BWC opened an investigation into his claim with the potential to go after the disability money he was paid.

I'm sure the fact that he was on disability for a back injury played into the decision as well. I heard that the BWC opened an investigation into his claim with the potential to go after the disability money he was paid.

I would think that stealing from Workers Comp would have been the big issue here. I guess that is not conduct unbecoming of an officer

From the article:

"The patrol will fire him if he is cited with unbecoming conduct again within two years"

Some advice:

Time to start looking for a new job on your own terms, Jason. "Conduct unbecoming" can be anything, and it's already evident they want to fire you. Meanwhile, I'd lay low, take your dispatched calls / crashes, and write the bare minimum of citations to keep your bosses off your back. More contact with the public = more chances to get a complaint. Oh, and quit riding at 147 mph. :)

Thomas could not be reached for comment last night. Jim Gilbert, head of the local FOP, said Thomas is trying to decide whether to file a civil lawsuit against the city or file a grievance through the union, which would result in arbitration.

wtf douchebag? you'd arrest me for doing 147 in gahanna, but when you get popped for it, bawwww im gonna file a lawsuit...

eat a dick.

This is the guy who's been out on workers comp for MONTHS due to injuries sustained in the line of duty. AKA slipping on ice.

Make him write 100 times "I fought the law and the Law won." :D

It's called Justice biatch. Look it up.

wtf douchebag? you'd arrest me for doing 147 in gahanna, but when you get popped for it, bawwww im gonna file a lawsuit...

eat a dick.

Thats all these douchebags due now. They complain and file a suit and waste people's time.