Question about tire sizes......

mrbret

The stock tire size & the size I have now on the rear is a 190/50-17.

I think I may be in need of a new rear (may get both) but how much difference would going to a 180/50 or a 200/50 make?

Bare in mind there will be no knee dragging going on so I am 100% sure that I will not be pushing any size tire to it's edge or limits.

Well handling you won't feel that much difference on the road with the 180 on a 6 inch rim. Now the 200 you may feel a little slower steering because of more material to turn but you will probably get a bigger contact patch at 1/2 lean.

Well handling you won't feel that much difference on the road with the 180 on a 6 inch rim. Now the 200 you may feel a little slower steering because of more material to turn but you will probably get a bigger contact patch at 1/2 lean.

+1

i'd stick with the 190. i dont think there are any real benefits to using any other size besides stock (cost, availability (200), fitment to rim, fitment to bike, handling, etc).

just my $1/50....:cool: