New to the site

ursusmajor

Hello All:

I found this site from a post on another forum (rideohio.org) and thought I'd join. I'm up in Liberty Township about 25 miles north of Cincinnati.

I've been riding for the last twenty years and have had a number of different bikes. At present, I have a 2009 Kawi ZX-6R (my track bike but it still sees some street action), a 2007 Aprilia Tuono (love it - best bike I've ever ridden) and a 2001 Triumph Speed Triple (soon to be for sale).

I ride every weekend when the weather permits but I tend to avoid rain because I do like to ride the twisties and, even though you can still corner in the rain, I prefer not to take the chance. I ride with 5-6 guys regularly and we like to hit the 10/22 KY roads. I've probably ran this circuit 15-17 times this season.

I do a couple of track days a year time permitting and rode Putnam this year. I have another one coming up on Oct 11. I'm not much of a stunter and this attitude tends to be reinforced the older I get -- must be turning into a coward as I age :) -- well, that or the blown fork seals on a prior bike.

I ride AGATT. If the temp is going to be reasonable (55-70-ish), I'll ride in a one-piece. If hotter, I'll go with draggin jeans, leather or textile jacket, A* gloves and Sidi boots.

In twenty years I've had 4 street wrecks with the most recent being earlier this year. I totaled a K8 GSXR-600 which was the track bike prior to the ZX-6R (bought with the insurance payout). Fortunately my gear completely protected me and I walked away with zero injuries -- not even a bruise the next day.

I do all my own work (for better or worse) and, even though I'm definitely not a 'wrench', if someone can identify the problem for me, I'll usually take a stab at fixing it. If I get in over my head, I usually resort to forums or friends to get the repair done. I tend to upgrade my bikes focusing on the exhaust, suspension and brakes with the occasional cosmetic mod thrown in for good measure.

That's the long and short of it and I'm happy to find this forum.

Nice to meet ya all,

--Drew

Hi Drew. enjoyed reading your intro. street riding is new to me and i just got my endorsement. i learned on a yamaha virago about six months ago, but i admit, i love to hop the honda vtr1000 when im feeling lucky. i too enjoy cornering but am a very conservative rider at this point. ive been riding dirt most of my life, mostly offroad or out in the mojave, which i miss a good deal over the dirt trails out here in ohio. welcome to the board. i enjoy the site a good deal.

Edited by socaln8tv

I agree w/ Matt, you seem like you'll fit in here.

Until the first day you give bad advice, then we all negative rep the shit out of you. This will continue until you leave the site, or get a sense of humor and join the crowd.

Case in point: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=33338

Edited by JRMMiii