BMX track I used to ride...

Casper

the neighbors would be thrilled.

We went out there a few times on dirt bikes. Mostly businesses around there. It's a pretty sweet track though. I can't believe its still there. I'm going to swing by there next time I'm up visiting my brother and check it out.

Doubt you would want to take a dirtbike back there unless you like jail. Looks like it has been converted to a walking path and is now called Island View Park according to the Google Earth street view of the sign right outside the parking lot right entrance to the path.

Doubt you would want to take a dirtbike back there unless you like jail. Looks like it has been converted to a walking path and is now called Island View Park according to the Google Earth street view of the sign right outside the parking lot right entrance to the path.

A walking path? Seriously? Motherfuckers...

I used to live like a mile down River Rd towards Perrysburg. We used to go to that BMX track all the time. I guess it was huge in the 80s, but in the 90s it was all but deserted. The track was still there, but they didn't really have any races there anymore. A bunch of us used to hang out there all the time. I can't believe they turned that into walking paths.

if that is all a track that thing is huge!!!!

It used to be just the bottom loop. Then they added on for mountain bike races. I'm really surprised they turned it into walking paths. Lots of kids use to go there and play around. There was another one around there also but I can't find it. I just remember it used to back up to the railroad tracks. Someone told me a while back that another track had opened somewhere in Toledo and replaced this one. I'm searching.

http://www.toledospeedwaybmx.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=5639+Benore+Rd+Toledo,+OH&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,15379876576322960651&ei=mjKcSo_nBeGg8QaDktTEBQ&ll=41.718247,-83.511972&spn=0.005205,0.007982&t=h&z=17

Guess they built a BMX track by the speedway. It isn't showing up on the map though.

I'm still trying to find the other one we used to go to. Anyone on here from Toledo remember these tracks?