999 Look alike doppleganger at bike night last night

vw151

So,

I was somewhat baffled last night when I saw something that looked like a 999 from a distance. It was black with a 999 style headlight setup. What looked like an actual 999 tail and the 999 cartridge style exhaust and even what looked like an actual 999 gauge cluster. However the center of the bike was fat like a 4 cylinder. I'm thinking gixxer. The wheels were also 3 spokes that look like my gixxer wheels. This was definitely a japanese sport bike but had a lot of strange body work that made it pass as a ducati 999 from a distance. It kind of reminded me of one of those fiero ferrari conversions. It also had a lot of chinese/japanese charachters on it. It was dark and I didn't get a close look at it until I was about to leave. Sorry no pics.

Anyway, who's is it? what is it? Can I see pics and here the story behind it.

well, the headlights aren't stacked but its still sort of that style light and the tail and exhaust cover and gauge cluster looks like it was pulled directly off a 999. The tail actually says ducati on it.

That bike is alcohol3232's. He did a rebuild of his 02 GSXR 600. He wasn't trying to rip off a Ducati, he just wanted something unique. Regardless of whether or not you like the bike, you have to admit there is a lot of custom work in it, and it is a one-off for sure.

Edited by Goldie

well sure guys. I know some people don't like the 999 and others are going to say why bother making a gixxer look like it. I agree. 999s aren't that expensive it would probably be cheaper to buy one.

I was just asking about it because this was interesting. It wasn't an exact replica it just had the tail and a strange front fairing and lights and at least in the dark it looked pretty well done. It's something different, let's focus on that.

BTW, who's got pics? The owner of the bike must be on this site.

Yea, it's my bike. I wasn't trying to build a 999 knockoff. I just took specific body lines off of other bikes that I liked, and turned it into one machine. And believe me, what I spent on rebuilding it, I couldn't even buy a quarter of a Duc. I just wanted a totally one-of-a-kind machine.

Anyways... Ill be at most of the future bike nights if you want to get the full rundown. See all yas there.

Yea, it's my bike. I wasn't trying to build a 999 knockoff. I just took specific body lines off of other bikes that I liked, and turned it into one machine. And believe me, what I spent on rebuilding it, I couldn't even buy a quarter of a Duc. I just wanted a totally one-of-a-kind machine.

Anyways... Ill be at most of the future bike nights if you want to get the full rundown. See all yas there.

I just caught a quick look at it last night and one of my buddies that saw you come in said " hey did you see that riced out 999 that just pulled in" LOL Once I got a closer look I realized it wasn't a duc at all. That tail section is pretty unique to the 999/749s though so it throws you off pretty quick. Either way, after looking at the pictures, that is a really cool 1 off design. Nice work.

You got any more detailed pictures of the transformation.